Help a Noob Learn How to Use a Nutradip Nutrient Meter?

wtfruthinking

I gave up and finally decided it was time to invest in a Nutrient Meter. It's pricey but I thought it would be worth it. Of course only to find out there are no instructions. What range am I looking for? I have a drip system and currently using DWC. Is there some kind of reference that I can use? What range should I be in? What should I do if the #'s are too high or too low? I think this is why I stayed away and tried to "avoid" this..but I know I can not.

One read 130ppm (which should be read the same as 1300) this morning and another at 235ppm.

235ppm seems way high, correct?

Anyone?

WTF

:slide:

The reading depends on how much nutrients you are putting in, My range is from 60 in the beg to 120 at the end. Your plants will tell you better if they need something, the meters at least for me are just a tracking tool.

you need to educate yourself regarding ECM, and PPM etc. Jorge Cervantes has a great book that is totally worth the money, you can find it used on Amazon worth every penny. Or just do some research here on the this forum regarding PPM/ECM, you will need calibration fluid for your meter, or it is useless. you "must" have PH, and PPM calibration fluid to properly set your meter, so when you read your nutes, the meter is measuring from the proper baseline.

I have a Hanna Combo PH & EC meter, was 75 bucks from discount hydro, got the fluids there as well. it's almost dummy proof, excellent instructs etc.

Back
Top Bottom