Ph Meter

DarkAsylumn

hey guys I bought an el cheapo hn look alike wow will never do that again. so I got the thing calibrated and well it worked took some numbers today and I thought they looked kinda off but though well I still have a problem somewhere. I went to check again a few mins ago and bam from 5.3 ph to 3.9 I knew something was up so I tested my tap water which is consistently 6.4 and it showed 4.0. so I figured I would dry it off, as per the labels instructions touch bulb with lint free cloth to wick away the water when I touched it it shattered. so just to say forget it I retested the water and you know what same reading as before it broke.

so I guess I will get to the question.

what is a good ph meter for under 30 bucks

I have heard the milwaukee and the hm are ok but what do you guys recommend

I think it is the Milwaukee 600 you are referring to for that price. I have no experience with it.

I do have the Milwaukee SM-101 meter and am very happy with it. It is also well north of your price range.

DD

I have an Oakton ph2. Seems to work well. Calibration is easy and I've had no issues....

A little north of your price range but...so do you want an "el cheapo" again? Spend a couple more bucks if you have it...you'll be glad you did.

:)

I second the Oakton - I've had really good luck with mine - I've been using for 2 years without a single hick-up. (Hopefully i didn't just jinx myself there). I'd be surprised if you can get a decent meter at the price range you're looking at, but I wish you nothing but good karma in your pursuit.

I just went threw 2 of the Oakton meters in 2 days the first one was a bit off and would not calibrate so took it back got another new same meter used it one time last night stored it over night in the crap that they tell you to and first thing today nothing no workie just a heads up.

ok thank you guys. but with the taxes comin and all I am looking for a continous monitoring around $130-150 any ideas?

I'm also curious about the continuous units - how often do they need to be calibrated? Is it difficult to calibrate? What's the lowest price for good quality? etc....

Hoping someone can help you out on this (and me as well!)

i know the hanna 991404 and 991405 have bad reviews about the non universal probe. its not a bnc connector. they have had problems with the calibration and such I know there are always bad eggs but almost all reviews talk about the non accurate ph

Back
Top Bottom