Help canadian find a Dr for my Dr to refer me to

Purple Goose

My Dr has agreed with my decision to use cannabis to treat my pain from a spinal injury but have a snag. She understands that it works and all but has no experience at all with cannabis not even recreationally when she was young. So she has no idea how much anything is she has no clue basically what is considered appropriate or excessive etc etc she read the info from Health canada that the average user uses 1-3 grams but to here that is a massive amount as she is used to dealing with pain killers in 5,10,40mg not full grams and when she saw this dosage they said was average it scared her. So she is attempting to find a Dr to refer me to who has knowledge of cannabis she can refer me to to get my doseage set and then she will take over renewals once we have me at a level of comfort that is reasonable. So if anyone in the Toronto area has his exemption can you ask your Dr about passing his name along for contact if it comes via another DR's referal. i will not attempt to contact the Dr personally but give his info to my Dr so she will know who to refer me to and later who she can consult.

Your Dr needs to know that there's no overdose. MMJ can't hurt you.
Unlike white powders compressed into pills, too much MJ won't make you ill.

If you eat too much munchies, can't reach the remote
You'll learn and next time will smoke a little less dope.

I hope someone helps upgrade your Docs' skills
Been indoctrinated by Big Pharms' business will

Your Dr needs to know that there's no overdose. MMJ can't hurt you.
Unlike white powders compressed into pills, too much MJ won't make you ill.

If you eat too much munchies, can't reach the remote
You'll learn and next time will smoke a little less dope.

I hope someone helps upgrade your Docs' skills
Been indoctrinated by Big Pharms' business will

I have told here that there is no toxic level for cannabis and directed her to sites to read up on it but the HC site left her with doubt because of them saying that avg users prescription is 1-3 grams and as she said other medication dont have an avg use like for instance oxycontin it has a 12hr time release but she doent find that everyone who needs it can be prescribe on an average amount as she has had patients who need 20mg every 12 hours and other that need 50mg every 12 hours. And when she read the information I supplied her on marijuana she also followed some links on the pages and found out how cannabis varies in potency like some plants claiming to have 8% thc and then others claiming 24% thc and as she said to me a medicine that has such a variance is very difficult to prescribe as if we decide 5g/day is suitable and then I can only obtain cannabis of 7% potency will leave me wanting for pain reliefe and if I was to get cannabis of 24% It could leave me way to high so she want to refer me to a dr who has experience to get my scrip figured out and then take over with renewals or if I need to increase then she can deal with that but she wants to refer me to another Dr with greater experience so she is asking her colleagues who to refer me to as well as she told me to try and find out about any other Dr;s who have prescribed it so she can make a referal to them.

Okay so Good news my Dr has already found 2 Dr's to refer me to her problem was when i gave her research material for physicians she decided to check out the links that were on the pages I printed out to other counter culture sites and found out how different strains vary in potency and when she saw that it can be as low as 5% and as high as 25% so to her as she has been well in doctrined by the pharmaceutical companies she has never prescribed a medication that had the possibility that one pill could be 5 times stronger then another. So she has decided she will keep refering me to every DR she has even heard implied that they already do prescribe cannabis so he can get my dose close to where it needs to be and then through advise from the other physician gain the knowledge to feel confident writing the renewals and making any increases that may be required within reason. So i feel i will get my exemption but it just may take longer then I would like. Oh and was wondering something as I am sure i will be getting my mmar card so i am wondering which strain I should start with for my first indoor grow from the seeds a friend gave to me .

All of these or feminized white widow,himalayain gold ,super silver haze,jack herer, arma ggedon .and super chrystal of these if anyone has experience growing any of these strains an opinion of which is the strongest potency ,best yeilder and easiest to grow for a new indoor grower.

I think it's pretty normal that a doctor would want to understand dosage, for the safety of their patient, particularly if they didn't have any experience with MMJ.

It's great you found an open minded doctor in this area.

I think the more we can collectively spread Cannabis awareness to the physicians the more quicker the long term will arrive.

A couple talking points.

1) MMJ has rapid onset when smoked or vaped (not when eaten). This enables the patient to self moderate (or titrate in MD language) their dose.

2) Putting the above in pragmatic terms, just explaining to the doctor that the various strains have different strengths so you just take a few "hits" (strike that), "puffs", and wait a few minutes for the relief to come. You can always take one or two more if all the pain hasn't subsized.

I think it's important to explain to the doctor that you're already experienced with dosage and you know how much to consume to have the desired effect.

I have told here that there is no toxic level for cannabis and directed her to sites

to read up on it but the HC site left her with doubt because of them saying that avg users prescription is 1-3 grams and as she said other medication dont have an avg use like for instance oxycontin it has a 12hr time release but she doent find that everyone who needs it can be prescribe on an average amount as she has had patients who need 20mg every 12 hours and other that need 50mg every 12 hours.

Do you think it would be worthwhile for me to write an introduction letter to these Dr's she refers me to I know in her referal she is telling them I have a spinal injury and suffer severe muscle spasms and lightning like shocks of pain when I move the wrong way and that I am unwilling to use opiate meds at all and have already tried and now the efffetivness I can expect from cnnabis/ but should I write a personal letter telling them what my life was before the injury what my responsibilities were and still are as I am supposed to be my wife's Caregiver as she suffers from extreme panic attacks and depression and her meds pretty much wipe her out most of the day so i am responsible for about 75% of the house work but am not presently reallly able to een do it so basically just keeping the house clean clothes clean and cook dinner is all I am able to do before I collapse for the day from muscle spasms not including the mini breaks I have to take all day long just to be able to complete these 3 simple things but on the days i have to vacuum I suffer the worst muscle spasms of all. But before I was injured I worked at ibm and could handle all the household responsibilities no problem and have time to take the kids camping or just go hack around but now its all I can do to do the housework I described and ge them to school before I collapse with killer Muscle spasms unless I have some good bud to eat to keep them at bay. So think I should write a properly written and well spoken letter for each Dr explaining how I went from IBM employee with 4 kids and managing the everyday urban dream had a nice house car everything . Get hit by a drunk end up with a messed up spine cant work can barely do the work I mentioned before at this time after the accident My Dr has me on 100mg of oxycontn for th enext 4 years . I finally start feeling like my life is going crazy cause of them so I try and get away from them but find out that the only way I cn get off of them is thru methadone beause i will still need pain treatment and it will be painfull to quit oxycontins cold turkey. So I get off the oxy's no problem but the meth barely does anything and over the past 5 years as I have told him my pain is gettng worse all he does is offer to raise my dose of meth wich he knows I will refuse because I want off the stuff as it is ,but he never orders any imaging on my spine although he has a ct scan that tells him I have degenerative daamgae to one of my vertebrae and that I have a calcified disc and a moderate size cacium protrusion on it and the nerve roots from this level can be seen exxiting the spine. So i know they will have the tech stuff but should I get into how the pain hasnt let me sleep more then 3-4 hours a night in years, affects the wife and myself wont get into it, makes me fall down the stairs cause my leg gives out because of shocks of pain several times having to leave by ambulance and how with cannabis I can do 55-65% of the stuff I used to be able to do and could probably return to work as it was office work. bascially tell him everything it does for me ,what I would be stuck with for my life without it and then bring in the legal stuff like how accoring to canadian law with my condition all he has to do is copy what is on my ct scan and then add in i suffer from massive muscle spasms .sever pain. nasusea from the pain and indomnia stamp it and write in the dose I will be using per day. So think a letter like I described giving him an account of life before accident affter accident and then affter accident and finding cannabis?

I think whichever way you can communicate the most effectively whether letter or verbally will best help your cause. I suggest you focus on letting the doctor know how much Cannabis helps you with the pain, and how much less you feel the need for opioids when you have the Cannabis.

Well the thing is that I actually hated them so much i chose to not use the usual ones and opted for methadone because it has none of the narcotic effects but its such an infierior pain reliever that it is bascially useless so I have expressed that but I wanted the Dr to understand more how much my quality of life has been affected due to the pain I am in and due to the fact that my wiffe is disabled i am her and my childrens primary caregiver and am responsible for 85% or more of all household duties but am unable to even complete 20-30% of whats required of me before the pain is to much. But because I am afraid of the legal reprecussions and the effects they would have not only on my life but my families as well I am afraid to keep cannabis on hand and have only relied on obtaining it when I am in so much pain I feel like I am going insane. SO what I did was describe what I was expected to do before my injury and what is still expected of me now because there is nobody else who will do it. and finally ended with what I am able to do when I have cannabis to help with the pain and how much it effects and improves almost every aspect of my life especially how it relieve enough pain to allow me to at least be able to enjoy sex without having to endure muscle spasmd for hours later . This is one of the areas that the pain has really destroyed my life I have a red hot wife in my opinion but am in so much pain from muscle spasms so often that I have to pass on sex and I feel when someones life is affect to the point where they are unable to enjoy sex for fear that afterwards they will e wracked with terrible pain and I have to say if your in so much pain that getting laid doesnt even seem appealing because of pain then anyone who would deny you medication that will end that cycle and allow you to return to being able to do the majority of what your could do before just the fact that thru having to break a law I wa able to find the relief all there fancy chemicals and compunds have never offered and I include the powerful opiates they had me on which didnt end my pain only had me so messed up that I was unaware or falling asleep all the time. With cannabis it almost completely stops my muscle spasms wich effectively ends 60% or more of my pain and I have foudn that when the spasms stop for long enough the pain from the injury to my spine seems to lessen as well which I can only attribute to the fact that the muscles arent continually aggravating the area where the damage is. But I found after writing the letter to explain everything properly and not just outline how i feel it took 3 pages so I think i will explain to the DR I can only give him a rough outline of the changes in my life if we only rely on speaking and I can obviously describe my pain but if he will read the letter he will be able to get a far greater understanding of what I want to relate to him. I just was afraid that some Dr;s think when a patient relys on letters to explain themselves they dont have the time to read them so they become a waste of time . So just wanted to run it by others who have gotten there exemption to see if they think I should put it all on paper or just try and tell him as well as I can but keeping it brief.

Back
Top Bottom