Help! Critical overgrowth

Opoku7

Hi every body !
My second post in this web-site, but still my first grow . . . i'm growing a Critical from Royal Queen seed.
she is now 60 days old (8,5 weeks / 45cm length) but she is only 18 days in flowering stage. i think that she is too big for here place, many leafs don't receive light any more... :morenutes:

IMG_298914.JPG

and my the problem is that i can't change here to a bigger one ( i have only this area to grow in).
My question is if i can let here grow normally like that ? and if there is some danger, which may disturb her flowering ? then what should i do ?
thanks for help :D

Re: Help ! Critical overgrowth

Hey Opoku, just bend them over as much as possible so they don't grow into the light & next time flower them earlier.

Re: Help ! Critical overgrowth

Plant looks nice Opoku7. Do a search on "defoliation". Lot of growers recommend doing it at day 21 and another at day 45, so you're almost there.

There's a short thread called "defoliating around the buds? Advice - Pics" defoliating around the buds? Advice - Pics with some advice and a good link in the last post by Weaselcracker about defoliating.

Here's a snippet from the thread. "Wait until after the stretch day 21-24, then you can do a mild defol...and then a heavier top 1/3 of plant at day 45-47 if this is a 8 week strain. You can also tuck the fan leaves as best as possible."

Looks like you have a fast finisher (7weeks, wow), so you might not even want to do the second defol. But you can get rid of some of the growth that's in the way now.

Hi ! thank you for your quick response :D

I hope that i have correctly understood, tonight i will cut the big old leafs. like that receive all the plant the light. i'll upload pics after "Defoliation".

Hi Opoku7. How's she doin after the defol? Hope things went smoothly. Like to see your results, so post up a pic or two.

I have a few ladies at day 13 of bloom that'll be getting a haircut in a little over a week. It's my first grow, so my first try at defoliation too. Been following threads and reading up on defol for awhile and finally get to try it. Woohoo!

Good luck with the rest of your grow.

Hello again . . sorry, i had some trouble i couldn't reply. :/
Now 22 Days flowering, she still growing up :O
here are 2 pics; the day that i did Defoliation:
IMG_299414.JPG

and now, 22 Days look like:
IMG_302916.JPG

i never thought that she will grow like that in the flowering stage, that was my bad i think.

Looks like you opened her up a bit and she looks happy for it. I haven't done the defol yet, only at day 15, but have been tucking the fan leaves and it sure has helped get light to what had been sheltered/shaded. Give tucking a go when those fan leaves start to cover your buds.

up date 3 days after, she didn't look really happy about here place or area. a bit small . . . :bitingnails:
but now i can see some flowers.
IMG_30338.JPG
IMG_303212.JPG

i tried to smoke here leafs :lot-o-toke:
wasn't a good idea ! XD

But still my question if she will have some troubles after 40 Days or smth like that, she don't have any more place where to grow up . . .
still waiting for a answer . . .
Thanks

Back
Top Bottom