Help diagnosing two ladies in an otherwise healthy batch

bakesaleee

Greetings. I have 5 plants:

bakesaleee's Library | Photobucket
Library Slideshow by bakesaleee | Photobucket

As pictured from left to right, let's call them plant A, B, C, D, and E.

A, D, and E appear to be thriving. Plant "B" has fan leave folding upward threatening venus flytrap-like behavior. Plant "C" has an opposite, but much less dramatic effect of folding downward.

My description for plant B:
Largest developed fan leaves at top are starting to fold up. However, new growth fan leaves appear folded downward. Please reference both photos.

My description for plant C:
Largest developed fan leaves have folded down (opposite plant "B"). See both photos.

Plants are outdoors. Temps, heat, humidity, and ventilation are all ideal conditions in this state right now. All 5 plants/pots mixed in approx 70/30 ratio of Fox Farm Ocean Forest to Perlite. Last week was transition week. This is first flowering week.

Other than watering (ph adjusted to between 6.0-6.5) I haven't fed them at all during roughly a 5-week veg period, and they thrived and looked absolutely perfect. I transplanted into the bigger pots you see about 2-3 weeks ago. Last week I gave them their first feeding: General Hydroponics "FloraNova Bloom" - which is supposed to be a one-step solution in that it contains calcium and magnesium. During this feeding I gave them 4 tsp of FNB per gallon of water (as recommended on bottle and chart) and then made sure the solution was ph adjusted to between 6.0-6.5.

Plants A, D, and E are thriving.

I freaked out that maybe I fed them too early considering the transplant added much more fresh Fox Farm Ocean Forest rich with Nitrogen. So last night I "flushed" each plant (even healthy ones) with plain water ph adjusted to 6.0-6.5. About 2 gallons for problem plants "B" and "C", and a gallon each for the perfectly fine ones.

Today things seem status quo. I'm confused as they've all been treated the same, and the two problem plants seem to have opposite problems (one has leaves folding up, the other beginning to softly fold inward).

Back
Top Bottom