Help lower leaves starting to yellow

My girls are starting to yellow. 3 girls all Durban Poison (sativa) in the same soil ... Pro Mix potting soil. They are about 5-6 weeks old now. They have all been started at the same time. The lower leaves are yellowing. Not sure if it is a nitrogen def at this stage of the game. Other than that I think they appear healthy. I just did a FIM on the 2 bigger ones 4 days ago. Any thoughts?

IMG_20210506_181019501.jpg

IMG_20210506_181024348.jpg

IMG_20210506_181013792.jpg

This thread has been moved to Frequently Asked Questions.

We work hard to make 420 Magazine as navigable as possible for members and guests so that information can be easily found. We also want to ensure that your own thread receives the most appropriate responses, views or support.

:Namaste:

1 - They are in far too small of a container. About the time the leaves reach out over the edge of a Solo cup they are ready for a transplant.

2 - Pro Mix is not soil, it's a peat based soil-less mix. It has no real nutrition in it. All the nutrition your plant needs must come from fertilizer. Your plant is starving from lack of nutrients. The yellowing is from lack of Nitrogen.

Solution - transplant into a 5 gallon container at a minimum and start fertilizing every feed.

Yea they are definitely ready to go into bigger pots! Looking like strong healthy young plants, but FarSide is bang on! Get them up into nice big pots and start feeding them, they will thank you!

Yea they are definitely ready to go into bigger pots! Looking like strong healthy young plants, but FarSide is bang on! Get them up into nice big pots and start feeding them, they will thank you!
1 - They are in far too small of a container. About the time the leaves reach out over the edge of a Solo cup they are ready for a transplant.

2 - Pro Mix is not soil, it's a peat based soil-less mix. It has no real nutrition in it. All the nutrition your plant needs must come from fertilizer. Your plant is starving from lack of nutrients. The yellowing is from lack of Nitrogen.

Solution - transplant into a 5 gallon container at a minimum and start fertilizing every feed.
Thank you for the tip. I think I left them in the containers for another week and then dropped them into the ground. May 24 is about the right time in the GTA 416 area (Ontario Can). They were separated and I kept 1. It is now wider than it is tall. FIMing LST, HST TOPPing, I have tried it all. It is a Durban Poison so I wanted to control the height a bit. It is now starting the flowering stage. These images are @ 2 weeks old. I keep trimming the big leaf stuff out of the middle to get air and light into it. I have been using a combination of Botincare nutes and Alfalfa Tea. I like doing the alfalfa tea, I think it makes for a sweet smoke. Last years Strawnana is very smooth with a pretty good punch.

IMG_20210816_125409472.jpg

IMG_20210816_125354388_HDR.jpg

Back
Top Bottom