Another yellowing lower leaves question

I’m growing three in soil outside. All three have been in early flower for around three weeks. The lower leaves have started turning yellow earlier than usual. I never stopped giving N completely and for the past week the N has been gradually increased, yet the yellowing keeps moving upward. At the same time, flowering nutrients have been increased. I really do not want to give too much N at this point. Is this something I should continue trying to correct, or is it natural progression? I ordered some Epsom salts and they should arrive on Wednesday. I have a Bubba Kush, Amnesia Fast and a Peyote Forum. The PF is the most affected and has always been the one with less leafy bulk. Too me this looks like nitrogen fade deficiency yet may be a Magnesium issue. Any recommendations appreciated.

Attachments

• DSC00043.JPG
    DSC00043.JPG
    927.9 KB · Views: 92
  • DSC00045.JPG
    DSC00045.JPG
    963.9 KB · Views: 98
  • DSC00046.JPG
    DSC00046.JPG
    834.5 KB · Views: 94
They should be getting adequate light. Thee receive around 11hr 40min of full sun a day. As the sum moves. the whole of the plant receives sun. I really was concerned that I might be experiencing some sort of Nute Lock.

They should be getting adequate light. Thee receive around 11hr 40min of full sun a day. As the sum moves. the whole of the plant receives sun. I really was concerned that I might be experiencing some sort of Nute Lock.
Sorry for the typos.

Here are some pics from today. I do appreciate the input.

Attachments

• DSC00047.JPG
    DSC00047.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 86
  • DSC00048.JPG
    DSC00048.JPG
    968.9 KB · Views: 84
  • DSC00049.JPG
    DSC00049.JPG
    875.1 KB · Views: 94
  • DSC00050.JPG
    DSC00050.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 87
  • DSC00051.JPG
    DSC00051.JPG
    688.5 KB · Views: 89
It is quite normal to experience some of the older fan leafs to start going yellow during flower this may progress some more in the later stages.

Some strains do this more than others.

If you suspect nutrient lockout, which it kind of looks like the beginning of lockout to me, you should do a flush. Run plain water through the pots at a rate of 2-3x the size of the pot. So if they're 5-gal pots, run 10-15 gallons of plain (no nutrients) water through them and let it run off. That will clear out the accumulated salts. Then start off with a very light nutrient feed.

If you suspect nutrient lockout, which it kind of looks like the beginning of lockout to me, you should do a flush. Run plain water through the pots at a rate of 2-3x the size of the pot. So if they're 5-gal pots, run 10-15 gallons of plain (no nutrients) water through them and let it run off. That will clear out the accumulated salts. Then start off with a very light nutrient feed.
It’s been a few days since I slightly upped the N. and the PF is looking better. There is still yellowing on the PF and the other two, just not as much. Yellowing is happening on the oldest fan leaves, while upper and new growth around flowers looks great. Will keep an eye on all and flush if I am still suspecting lockout.

Your girls look great. I see you have a PF in the mix. Hard to tell in pics, it appears that the fan leaves on your PF are wider with shorter fingers. Attached pic is my PF just prior to flower. Watching your grow.

Attachments

• DSC00026.JPG
    DSC00026.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 86
Your girls look great. I see you have a PF in the mix. Hard to tell in pics, it appears that the fan leaves on your PF are wider with shorter fingers. Attached pic is my PF just prior to flower. Watching your grow.

Yeah, I have a PF....that's what brought me to this thread...looking for others running it. Do you have a grow journal for this run? Looks like you're about a month ahead of me. Your PF in the most recent photo looks healthy....just a tiny bit of yellowing down low.

Yeah, I have a PF....that's what brought me to this thread...looking for others running it. Do you have a grow journal for this run? Looks like you're about a month ahead of me. Your PF in the most recent photo looks healthy....just a tiny bit of yellowing down low.
I do, journal link is in my signature. lower Alps. I've got three going a Bubba Kush, PF and Amnesia Fast. Both the PF and AF are acting N starved. I just recently re-upped the N a bit and dropped the P & K slightly. I'm hoping this slows yellowing down a bit. Otherwise all look great,

Hey Stinker, don't over think this one bud ya doing just fine :green_heart:

Nitrogen def normally occurs when under feeding this is observed over the entire plant looking pale green pasty etc even tho various strains are a different shade of green but this comes with experience !

Oh ye fan leafs go yellow in flowering it is quite normal.

The only other common defs in flowering I would keep an eye open for is P-phosphorus & K - potassium.

Back
Top Bottom