Lower fan leaves turning yellow and dying?

The Jack’s Nutrients line can be used in containers. They sell a 1kg bag
You are correct about that one since it doesn’t have any Calcium. You could try one of the other ones that I showed in a previous post (Tap and RO), depending on your water source. They can be used in containers.

Honestly...Im growing 30+ years. looks normal to me at harvest time. just remove the yellow leaves if they Bother you.. No Big Deal. One thing I will say is next year go to 20 Gal cloth Pots. i keep everything as simple as I can!! and PH your water I am always......ALWAYS at 6.9
Good Luck.

Honestly...Im growing 30+ years. looks normal to me at harvest time. just remove the yellow leaves if they Bother you.. No Big Deal. One thing I will say is next year go to 20 Gal cloth Pots. i keep everything as simple as I can!! and PH your water I am always......ALWAYS at 6.9
Good Luck.
But I don’t harvest for at least 2-4 weeks. Could be a little more, I’m not sure. Do you think that’s still ok? For some reason the buds at the bottom half of the tree are forming faster than the ones on the top half. Can you tell from the pictures how long I have? I would really appreciate your guess.
2D30C164-FB5E-4EAF-A260-EAD1135848DF.jpeg

Beautiful!

Probably 3 to 4 weeks still.

OGT is right - she is naturally going into senescence. Without your participation, she would still have enough going on to reproduce.
But if you want to pack on some flowers..

Gaia Green are available in Canada. Do literally some of the best organic fertiliser. I would be using it myself right now if I could but its Canada only. Search "Mr Canuck" on YouTube. He has amazing videos and exclusively goes organic with Gaia Green 444 and 284 and worm castings. Sometimes some bat guano.
He grows indoors but when it comes to creating your substrate for potting it will work. You will never grow weed without problems though if you insist on such a small pot. Basically all your issues come from tiny pot syndrome and won't really get sorted. However if your 4 weeks from harvest you will want to flush the plant at least 3 weeks so I'd just try a small amount of a liquid PK. Ionic PK 13 14 is great and cheap. Use as directed for 10 days then only water and will sort the leaves. But as a whole you aim for leaves to be flushed by harvest to show the plant has cleaned all those nutrients out and the bud is clean.

Hope this helps.

Gaia Green are available in Canada. Do literally some of the best organic fertiliser. I would be using it myself right now if I could but its Canada only. Search "Mr Canuck" on YouTube. He has amazing videos and exclusively goes organic with Gaia Green 444 and 284 and worm castings. Sometimes some bat guano.
He grows indoors but when it comes to creating your substrate for potting it will work. You will never grow weed without problems though if you insist on such a small pot. Basically all your issues come from tiny pot syndrome and won't really get sorted. However if your 4 weeks from harvest you will want to flush the plant at least 3 weeks so I'd just try a small amount of a liquid PK. Ionic PK 13 14 is great and cheap. Use as directed for 10 days then only water and will sort the leaves. But as a whole you aim for leaves to be flushed by harvest to show the plant has cleaned all those nutrients out and the bud is clean.

Hope this helps.
So I have a flowering nute that’s 0-5-4
Should I give it that for the next week and then only water for the next 3? And when you say flushed leaves do you mean the buds have sucked out all the nutes from the leaves?

a week before you harvest. flush the Plant with lots of goodclean PH water. smokes much cleaner. and only harvest the bits that are ready. I've never seen a plant where it all gets done at the same time. Hang it upside down and use fans 12 HR a day.

So I have a flowering nute that’s 0-5-4
Should I give it that for the next week and then only water for the next 3? And when you say flushed leaves do you mean the buds have sucked out all the nutes from the leaves?
You can't hammer a nail with a screwdriver. It's about the right tool for the right job. I personally wouldn't feel safe using any fertiliser made for plants which aren't meant to be consumed. Remember the weed will be entering your body. Personally I'd bite the bullet grab some Gaia Green 284 click this link and it takes you to Canadian hydro shop it's 24 bucks. Next time get the bloom 4 4 4 to use in veg. You want to repot the plant 3 times minimum and top feed about 3 weeks after each repot. Start with a 2 litre pot for seed. Then 5 litre to veg for few weeks. Then 20 litre until just before flower then a big 50 litre. Each time do a mix of 4 4 4 and 2 8 4 with directed amount. Also worm castings and perlite and good coco substrate. You will grow around 7 ft high plant with the biggest buds you have ever seen. Best thing all you gotta do is water the plant. The slow release fertiliser will be accessed as needed apart from the odd top feed.

You get out of growing weed what you put in. Pruning and general garden maintenance and topping and training your plant can turn a small yield into a big one. But everything is pinned on having good nutrients and good sunlight and enough water. If you remove any of these 3 important things or don't optimise then your weed will always reflect this.

Luckily you are in the right place and you will get all the help you can here as long as you are willing to take it into consideration everyone here is really helpful.

a week before you harvest. flush the Plant with lots of goodclean PH water. smokes much cleaner. and only harvest the bits that are ready. I've never seen a plant where it all gets done at the same time. Hang it upside down and use fans 12 HR a day.
A week to flush isn't enough especially if using chemical fertiliser. Your weed will leave black Ash and smoke harsh. 2 week flush in coco and 3 weeks ideally in soil.

You can't hammer a nail with a screwdriver. It's about the right tool for the right job. I personally wouldn't feel safe using any fertiliser made for plants which aren't meant to be consumed. Remember the weed will be entering your body. Personally I'd bite the bullet grab some Gaia Green 284 click this link and it takes you to Canadian hydro shop it's 24 bucks. Next time get the bloom 4 4 4 to use in veg. You want to repot the plant 3 times minimum and top feed about 3 weeks after each repot. Start with a 2 litre pot for seed. Then 5 litre to veg for few weeks. Then 20 litre until just before flower then a big 50 litre. Each time do a mix of 4 4 4 and 2 8 4 with directed amount. Also worm castings and perlite and good coco substrate. You will grow around 7 ft high plant with the biggest buds you have ever seen. Best thing all you gotta do is water the plant. The slow release fertiliser will be accessed as needed apart from the odd top feed.

You get out of growing weed what you put in. Pruning and general garden maintenance and topping and training your plant can turn a small yield into a big one. But everything is pinned on having good nutrients and good sunlight and enough water. If you remove any of these 3 important things or don't optimise then your weed will always reflect this.

Luckily you are in the right place and you will get all the help you can here as long as you are willing to take it into consideration everyone here is really helpful.
This fertilizer is made for weed so it should be ok right? And what do you mean by flushed leaves?

Yea but holy crap, 30 dollars is what they consider a 'nominal' shipping fee.
I guess I didn't notice that. That's kind of ridiculous ! They are definitely making a profit from that free sample pack! For synth nutes, they are a good product though. If you could just get a bottle of Foliage Pro, that would be good.

This fertilizer is made for weed so it should be ok right? And what do you mean by flushed leaves?
That fertiliser is 1 part of a 3 part system. Those types of fertiliser are made to be used as all 3 parts in correct amounts or it will negatively effect the pH level of the feed.
And yes. The fan leaves will start to yellow and look basically like how your are starting to look now. The plant will do everything to save the bud first. If you was 10 days before cutting you would be fine however with 4 weeks left I would get this. Nothing else just get this. I use it myself it's instantly available and made for the exact stage you are at.

You may be able to get it cheaper from elsewhere. There may be equivalent. But I don't know every single fertiliser and you asked what you need this will work. Within 1 feed 2 to 3 days later you will see difference. But make sure the last time you use it is at least 2 week before you harvest and then use only PHed water.

Of course..... yellow has NO VALUE whatsoever. Every year usually the Bottom 1/3 Of my Plants Yellow. just Pull it off. they are useless and drain energy. Loose them.Just Pull them down and snap off.

What strain is your plant? Is it an auto or a photo period? Has it been grown outdoors the whole time? Have you been checking the trichomes with a scope or a loop? If you are still seeing a lot of clear trichomes and no ambers you could have a while left till harvest. If you are seeing mostly cloudy and some ambers, you could be close to harvest. If you are close I guess I would just give water for the next week or 2. If you think you have a month, you could keep feeding for the next 2 weeks.

You already have the Miracle Grow Bloom fertilizer that should be plenty to get you through the rest of your grow. How often do you need to water the plant? You could split up what you fed once a week to how ever many times you are watering. It honestly, doesn't look that bad to me for this time of year.

What strain is your plant? Is it an auto or a photo period? Has it been grown outdoors the whole time? Have you been checking the trichomes with a scope or a loop? If you are still seeing a lot of clear trichomes and no ambers you could have a while left till harvest. If you are seeing mostly cloudy and some ambers, you could be close to harvest. If you are close I guess I would just give water for the next week or 2. If you think you have a month, you could keep feeding for the next 2 weeks.

You already have the Miracle Grow Bloom fertilizer that should be plenty to get you through the rest of your grow. How often do you need to water the plant? You could split up what you fed once a week to how ever many times you are watering. It honestly, doesn't look that bad to me for this time of year.
I’m not sure I got the seed from smoked weed. But I think its God bud. It’s outdoor and has been out there since a seedling which I germinated at the beginning of July. It’s a photo period plant and I haven’t checked the trichomes with a scope. Would a magnifying glass work? I thought you harvest when the pistils have turned red or orange looking. I use to water everyday but the weather has been pretty cool out here the last 2 weeks and it has taken a week for the soil to dry out enough to water again. And if I pull the yellow leaves off more turn yellow faster so I leave them on so the plant can suck everything from that leaf before it moves on to the next ones. Ahhhh I just love it when it’s all green and gorgeous looking. Lol
2022125B-4F38-45B7-9299-D436188868FF.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom