Help lowering temp?

Santurro99

Hi, I was wondering if anyone could recommend a good portable air conditioner/air cooler unit for less than $150. I have a small 3x2x5 tent and have heat issues when she is all zipped up. Im looking for a unit that I can place next to the tent and produce cold air that will then be sucked into the tent.

Im using a 400w MH from HTG and temps can get into the high 80's to low 90's when everything is zipped up. I do have a fan blowing air in and a bigger one sucking air out.

On another note...if I were to get an air cooled hood how many degrees difference (roughly) would it make? Im wondering if I would just be better off getting a new light? Thanks for any input.

You could always keep keep your tent open in the light on hours. I can tell you right now that portable ac's are crap if you can go with a window unit. I recycled threw a few brands of portable ones and did not come close to what my lower wattage window ac can do.
Air cooled would lower it some but sounds like you might not be using a powerful enough out take fan. You using a vortex 4 inch or something similiar? To be honest you would be better off dealing with your room temp air with ac and proper ventilation than just going out and buying a air cooled light and hoping it will lower it to more optimal conditions.

I have a 4'' duct fan 80 cfm bringing air in at the bottom of the tent with a 6'' duct fan 160 cfm sucking air out. I also have a 4'' vortex style inline fan with a carbon filter to control smell once it is needed but it is not in use now. I tried the using the 4'' inline fan instead of the 6'' duct fan to exhaust air but the temp still gets pretty hot. Ive been using the 6'' duct fan b/c it is quieter.

I might just go with leaving the flaps open a bit while the lights are on and just leave the window open a crack in the room and let the cold air inside.

Thanks for the input.

If you got cold air outside, is there a way that you can vent it into your room? That would work untill summer time comes. I leave 1 door open in the tent open and it lowers it a good amount but I also have ac though.

If you got cold air outside, is there a way that you can vent it into your room? That would work untill summer time comes. I leave 1 door open in the tent open and it lowers it a good amount but I also have ac though.

The only way would be to crack the window a little bit. That does drop the temp in the room down and if I leave the flaps open a bit on the tent that seems to do the trick. Yesterday I had temps around 78' inside the tent. I have to leave the door open to the room that the tent is in or it gets pretty warm in there as well.

However, once flowering starts I dont think I will be able to keep the tent zipped up all the time.

venting is the only way i know to lower the heat,, i had to run my exhaust fan a long way (15 feet) so i had to add a inline fan half way thru the line,,, but it works good now,,, i have a 400w MH... i run my rooms connected, so 1 exhaust fan works for both,,

This is what my setup looks like. I have to keep the flaps partially open when the lights are on, usually not as much as in the pic, at all times or else it gets into the 90's.

The inline fan is not in use now. Gonna use it for flower. I have a 4'' duct fan bringing air in and a 6'' duct fan venting air out. I tested the difference between the 6'' duct fan and the 4'' inline fan and temps still got into the 90's when the tent is completely zipped up.

Using another oscillating fan to blow air towards my tent i can keep the temps b/w 73'-78' while the tent is left open a crack. This works for now but im worried about when my girls start to flower. Im thinking that b/c of the small space, and the fact that I do not have a cool hood, the temps are always going to be high in there.

Being a noob i appreciate any input on my setup. Cheers.

https://www.420magazine.com/gallery/data/500/IMG_20110222_132556.jpg

https://www.420magazine.com/gallery/data/500/IMG_20110222_132607.jpg

So is an AC out of the question cause that would solve the temp issue with out a doubt so then you can focus more on your grow.

No I have AC but im in Michigan and it is Feb. Its pretty cold out. Id freeze to death, lol. I could leave the window open in the room? That would def drop the temp but My tent is in my computer room w/ tv etc. and im just worried about everything getting frozen. I was thinking moving the tent closer to the window but it is kinda in a closet space and out of the way. The room is small. Prolly 8x8.

Back
Top Bottom