Help making an air tight door

pot2010

I've been thinking about building my own grow box and have must of it though up but I'm a little stumped on how exactly to build an air tight seal for a door. I've found some nice cabinets and Armoire's but I don't know how I'd go about either creating an air tight seal with a door that comes with it or making a secondary "door" inside with either some velcro or magnetic strips. I'd prefer to use magnetic strips rather than velcro. Does anyone have any ideas how I could make an air tight seal either our of an Armoire cabinet or making a secondary door?

Truly air-tight? IDK. But a metal frame on the cabinet and a refrigerator gasket on the door might be close enough for your purposes. I have cleaned out some apartments where the electric had been shut off for a period of time and there was food left in the refrigerator and I had no clue beforehand just what I would experience when I opened the refrigerator, lol.

But... Since your grow will require ventilation anyway, it may not even be a factor. Make sure that your exhaust fan is strong enough that there will be some negative pressure in the cabinet and you shouldn't have odors coming out anywhere other than the exhaust run.

a roll of 3M weather stripping.

Back
Top Bottom