Help Me Choose A Coco Method

rhetorrikz

Hi all
Im new to posting here but 420 has been a great help to me already.. currently im week 4 in flower with some lst'ed barnys farm pc in rdwc with chiller 2 400w hps and a platinum led p300 ive taken clones from the best pheno and am planing on changing my method a little next round ... mainly due to warm climate 70-90f
So im after some advice to simplify things.
My idea was 4 trays 2 plants per tray dtw
But im not sure which would be the best method suited to my warm climate .
1 - coco hempy perlite res
2 - coco hempy mini rockwool cube res
3 - straight coco air pot (will dry out quick )
4 - straight coco normal pot
5 - organic supersoil normal pots suggestions appreciated!

Thanks 420

Hi,

I'm dealing with warm summers too. I use coco/perlite (85/15%) in smart pots. I think you could even go straight coco in order to maximize water retention. Fabric pots are good because they allow some evaporation and the substrat to breathe not letting the roots cook in their own juices. I think air pots would allow the substrat to dry too quickly so I choose fabric pots over them.
with a daily watering/feeding and good ventilation you should be fine as long as you do not allow the coco to dry out. Adapt your watering/feeding schedule if needed.

Thanks johndoe Thats the info im after, i am worried about the coco drying to quick as i work 8to6 daily, thaught about bluemats but they inherent their own problems, hence looking into hempy's but it may be just to warm at times .
Looking more like smart pots with a timed watering for the warmer months...

Hey,

I tried blumats, they were ok in veg but salt build up bit me in the ass during flowering. Also they can be a b**ch to dial in. I am still cleaning my substrat a week after boxing them. I'll keep them for vacation watering while I'm away.
I think that warm water in hempies could be a serious prob (lack of O2, root rot, etc), but, not having tried them myself, i cannot say for sure. Still, warm water is always problematic in hydro setups.
I also think that felt pots with auto or hand watering is your best bet. Try to keep it simple. Summer is always a pain for me but, thank science for leds so I can keep my closet temps under control.
Good luck mate.

I've got a coco hempy going with 2" of chunky perlite in the bottom for the res under a 900w Mars II panel. Feeding with Canna Coco nutes 2x week and supplementing with Recharge 2x a week. It's been super hot here, but no problems in the tent.

Ok things are going well i have 8 - 1.5 gal coco hempys with perlite res , temps here have been staving under 80 atm which is good , currently 3rd week flower.
Ive been using pythoff (h2o2)@ 2ml per 10 litres i wonder if i should try a product like recharge (bennies) next run as temps are on the rise?

20150804_223552.jpg
i started a journal of my hempy's if anyones interested ☺ come say hello :welcome:

Back
Top Bottom