Help me help her

Subnoise

Hi :420: appreciate any help you can offer here.

What Strain is it? Deathstar (clone only strain)
Is it Indica, Sativa or Hybrid? What percentages? Hybrid 50/50
How Many Plants? Only 1 affected
Is it in Vegetative or Flowering Stage? Veg
If in Vegetative Stage... How Long? 37 days
If in Flowering Stage... How Long? Na
Indoor or Outdoor? Indoor
Soil or Hydro? Hydro
If Hydro, Reservoir size? 2 inches from the bottom of the bucket
If Hydro, Reservoir Temperature? 68°
If Hydro, what type of Medium? Coco/perlite roughly 60/40 I would say.
If Hydro, what type of Setup? Hempy 3.5 gallon bucket
Size (Wattage) of Light? How Many? 170ish just veg switched on platinum p450
Is it Air Cooled? Yes
Temperature of Room/Cabinet? 70-72 lights on. 64 lights off.
RH of Room/Cabinet? 50-70%
PH of Medium or Reservoir? Drops 5.2 or lower
Any Pests? none
How Often are you Watering? Every 3-4 days
Type and Strength of Fertilizers used? H3ad formula 6ml micro 9ml bloom. Plus 1ml protek silica
Size or Square Footage of Room? 4x4 tent

Here's the story my Deathstar went through this same thing a couple weeks ago. Flushed her and feed the next day. She cleared up couple days later and grew vigorously. About a week ago she started acting up again. Blisters on the leaves, couple twisting, leaf serrated tips sticking up. Run off has no foul smell to indicate rot, but I can flush with 6.0 ph water and the next day the runoff will be 5.2 or lower. Seems like a ph problem to me but I flush till 5.8 and ppm matches what I put in. Next day the ph is low again. I have 2 other plants in the same set up doing just fine. Thanks for any advice or info on what's going on. Would like to fix her back up before she gets any worse. :Namaste:
20150406_164259.jpg
20150406_164319.jpg
20150406_164343.jpg
20150406_164412.jpg
20150406_164504.jpg

calibrate pen ,let ph stable after adjusting for 30 mins. Water less and feed more often (2days)

Lol calibrate my pen? Calibrated weekly. Talked to my girls in flower they gave me high fives and told me my pen is fine attached a picture. Have you ever grown in a hempy or with coco 2clean? Sorry if there was confusion my question is why is my ph dropping with nothing but water. I flush till ph comes up and ppm matches whats going in. The next day low ph again. Haven't feed her since last week. Been running a few gallons of water thorough her every night ph to 6.0 since Saturday. Still low ph last night in the run off. I picked up some hydroguard and flushed again with 3ml per gallon ph to 6.0 last night. At this point unless someone can pinpoint a problem just gonna keep flushing till she tells me she is hungry then I'll feed again. Not sure what else to do. :thanks:

20150406_221348.jpg

I know this is hempy, but renegade had a similar problem in dwc, and the solution was to up the nute dosage. Apparently the plants were hungry, so they were eating nutes but not water, so the pH kept dropping to 4.whatever

I grow in 100% perlite hempy, and have never seemed to have pH problems, so I'd guess and say is the nute dosage or the coco itself. Should try to see if we can get kingjohnc over here to help.

Hey PM I follow your thc bomb journal. Mind you I probably a week behind with real life activities taking up time lately. Last I knew you were waiting on your light to arrive from GD. I hope it has and your garden is flourishing. I thought it was the opposite dropping ph means over feeding cause using more water than nutes. Under feeding raises ph cause using more nutes than water. I have 0 nutes in the system to fluctuate but my ph but it still drops. Really appreciate the input though brother. I'll try to send KJC a pm. :Namaste:

The light arrived, and it's a beast! Even the lower growth on C99 thats hidden is growing nicely. Can't wait to hit day 21 and do a defol.

Sorry i couldn't help you more though man. Hopefully kjc can help, and if not skunnymonster might be able to give you some insight, cause i think he grows in coco perlite mix

I'd say three things could cause the twisting & blistering, heat, stress & ph, so my guess it it's just a fussy fecker on the ph front. Have you got any beneficials for your roots? Myco, Great White or anything like that? They help the plant deal with ph fluctuations :thumb:

I'd say three things could cause the twisting & blistering, heat, stress & ph, so my guess it it's just a fussy fecker on the ph front. Have you got any beneficials for your roots? Myco, Great White or anything like that? They help the plant deal with ph fluctuations :thumb:

Hey skunny thanks for dropping by. Gave her some hydroguard beneficials last night incase there is some rot that is undetected and driving my ph down. Have some canna rhizo. Should I give her a dose of that after I check her ph when I get off work?

How far from the LED light panel is your canopy? BigIrishDoode or Seth Lavender started a coco coir help thread before his passing and suggested coco coir should be amended with a calcium and magnesium source Lets Talk Coco! Organics & Salts. When your pH lowers and your ppm lowers your plants are drinking more nutrients than water and your nutrient strength should be slightly increased. When your pH raises and your ppm rise your plants are drinking more water than nutrients and your nutrient strength should be slightly lowered. Small reservoirs are more difficult to maintain stable pH in. Plants grown under LED light panels have a higher requirement for calcium and magnesium and a calcium and magnesium supplement should be used.

I would introduce a calcium and magnesium supplement containing calcium nitrate and magnesium nitrate Such as Botanicare's Cal-Mag Plus after 2 good weeks of vegetative growth from a seedling. Cal-Mag Plus and CaliMagic are synthetic calcium and magnesium supplements. If you are using a natural source of calcium and magnesium based calcium and magnesium supplement such as General Organics CaMg+ you can start to add at the start of vegetative growth. I use Botanicare's Cal-Mag Plus at 5 milliliters or 1 teaspoon per gallon as a calcium and magnesium supplement for the majority of my cannabis plants.

(Click on the photographs for direct links to the products)

First off let me say thank you King, Skunny and Peyton for coming in my time of need. Reps to all of you. Peyton it would appear you are correct according to Kings post ph and ppm dropping means nutes are to weak. To answer your question skunny only the new growth seem to be affected older fan leaves look fine.
There all blistered but only a couple are twisting maybe 5-6 blades on the while plant.

When I got home I checked my resivour ph 5.5 :thumb: I believe things are stabilizing. I have calmag plus. Use it for seedlings, precharging my coco or if I notice deficiency coming on. Also notice cal def during the stretch so I use a little extra first 2 weeks of 12/12. I've only been vegging under leds about 6 weeks now so still working out the kinks before that it was t5s. Plan on feeding her tonight 6mil micro 9 mil bloom 1mil silica and 2mil calmag plus my tap is already 180ppm don't want to cause lockout with to much calcium. Going to continue the hydroguard aswell 2mil per gallon. I'll keep you guys posted. Really grateful you guys would take the time to help me out. :Namaste: :thanks:

20150407_160018.jpg
20150407_160144.jpg
20150407_160313.jpg

You need a very strong dose of cal mag to cause issues so don't worry about a lock out. I'd advise you use it at every feeding as part of your base mix. It helps carry other nutrients around your plant, increases photosynthesis & lots of good stuff so think of it as your plants best friend :thumb:

You need a very strong dose of cal mag to cause issues so don't worry about a lock out. I'd advise you use it at every feeding as part of your base mix. It helps carry other nutrients around your plant, increases photosynthesis & lots of good stuff so think of it as your plants best friend :thumb:

Awesome info. So you think I should go with the 5mil like King said he uses?

I'd look into some mykos for your hempy grows too. I used it this grow and you can tell a big difference in the plants. Thicker roots, thicker stems, thicker branches, very vigorous growth

Back
Top Bottom