Help! My seedlings leaves look like taco shells

Re: Help!!! My seedlings leaves look like taco shells

The plant in the flowering stage is extra tolerant to cold. And even more at the dark period. That's why 18c at dark period is ok.
But 52f (11c!!!!) is not good and I just can't see them survive at such temperature. However, experience show that cannabis girls are adaptive beasts, and can survive in harsh conditions. Yield will be 100℅ affected.

How long have they experienced these temps? How long did the "tacos" appear?

GreenProto's Blue Dream First Grow Journal - 2016
Yield will be 100% affected?

Sent from my SM-G920P using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Yield will be 100% affected?

Yes. Definitely.
See, a seed from a certain strain, no matter what strain, is genetically capable of up to a certain yield, height, and other genetic behaviors.
In other words, our seed capable of X. And in order to achieve X, elements such as environment, nutrients, Ph and others, are our tools to maximize the potential of out seeds genetic capabilities.

So, if during our grow, we do not use our "tools" properly, the end result will be affected.
Taste, flavor and yield.

Also these are sunset sherbet, grown from regular seeds, so I will hope that the 3 damaged ones are male.

Oh man... I have an unpleasant news.
Although I don't think its scientificly proven, but in case of REGULAR - unfeminised seeds, environment play a massive role in whatever or not you will have females.
It's an ongoing debate in every growing community, but many growers swear by it.
Here's a small paragraph to explain:

"If the seeds were not deliberately bred by the breeder to be all female (by crossing hermaphrodite female plants with pure female plants) then the only sex determining factors that remain are environmental. These remaining factors can be listed as follows:

1 .Nutrient concentrations and PH of the soil or grow media

2. Length of the nights or light cycles and quality of light

3 .Location of the population and the density of plants in that location."

And later he talks about temp and humidity as well.
Please find the right setting in your heater tlthat will counter your local weather.

I have also read this, however the seedlings bounced right back. I'm hoping that one night a bit colder than ideal won't give me all males. I was actually hoping for one hermie and at least 2 females, one to bud one to fertilize to get a ton of feminized seeds.
420-magazine-mobile742603381.jpg

When you say 100% affected you just mean they will be affected right? You made it sound, to me anyways, as if they would be 100% ruined.

Thanks brother

I'll have to correct myself;
As your plans are not in flowering stage, your current problem wouldn't affect your yield. If that was in flowering stage, it would definitely.

That's being said, if you don't have the temp under control, and it keeps being low as you showed, then they definitely might die.

Just get the temp under control... they will bounce back.

420-magazine-mobile914216363.jpg

Check em out!!
Thanks to this great community, they've bounced right back. My Temps have been 70-74 lights off and 78-82 lights on. The leaves were slowly straightening out all day yesterday but I think they look great again.

420-magazine-mobile914216363.jpg

Check em out!!
Thanks to this great community, they've bounced right back. My Temps have been 70-74 lights off and 78-82 lights on. The leaves were slowly straightening out all day yesterday but I think they look great again.

Subbed up!! I have had some fluctuations in temps here myself so this was helpful!' Thanks for stopping by my journal and for your kind words!! Can't wait to see the ladies grow

Stay lifted.

Grow With Me - My Grow Journey

420-magazine-mobile808417020.jpg

So all 6 made it to maturity and healthy I might add, thanks to everyone who helped. 3 were males but the other 3, well the other 3 were females. I made the switch on 4-4 and they're doing great. I think I tucked my first plant to long. That is I kept threading the new growth under my screen or net too long. With this grow I stopped training one week after the switch. I feel the buds on my first plant could be taller, but they're filling out ok. Also for my first grow I think it went ok. I learned a ton, and will continue to do so. Here's an elevation of the jack herer x sweet tooth.
420-magazine-mobile1519923934.jpg

420-magazine-mobile45831542.jpg

Here's a better shot of the bud on my first plant. She's still a couple weeks from harvest, I think. I'm going to wait until most pistils have changes and most trichomes are cloudy. Any other advice on what to do the last couple weeks before harvest would be greatly appreciated.

Back
Top Bottom