Help needed please. Problems with first grow.

JimApple

Hi all,

I am attempting my first grow and am having some problems with the plants and don't know why. Can anyone advise me please?

I am growing (in soil) Northern Lights (White Label) and Skunk (Sensei Seeds) auto-flowerers using CFLs in a standard 600mm wide kitchen unit. I have a 100mm extract providing 175m3/h and matching carbon filter.

The intake is passive and is just under 4x the extract size.

I was using 6x 45W CFLs about 4" away from the plants but I think part (or maybe all) of the problem is heat burn.

The plants first started curling in a weird way (corkscrewing) and now the browning has appeared. They are also growing very short and bushy. I'm not sure if this is just the strain or could it be not enough humidity? I think it is dry but my humidity sensors all started failing. The last readings I got were 40-50%

The temp at the plants was 24C but I have now removed some lights and it is 21C. I am now running on 4x 45W and 1x 30W CFLs to see if that helps.

About a week in I started using Nutrients for soil sparingly but I stopped that when the problems appeared a few days ago. The plants germinated on 31st so they're 4 weeks old.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Jim

IMG_065930.jpg

IMG_065625.jpg
IMG_065525.jpg
IMG_065426.jpg
IMG_065019.jpg
IMG_064923.jpg
IMG_064825.jpg
IMG_065721.jpg

Hi and thanks for the feedback.

I was using BioBizz BioGrow at 1ml/l on every other water (each watering session was every 2 days or so with each plant taking 200-300ml of water.) The documentation for this nuts says 2-4ml/l.

Not sure about the ph, I will order myself a ph testing kit now.

So you think lights and temp @ 25C is ok?

Your leaf damage appears to be a phosphorous deficiency and from a pH fluctuation. You want 20°-30° Celsius and 50%-70% humidity for vegetative growth and 30%-50% humidity for flowering. You want pH 5.8 for hydroponic and soiless (peat moss and coco coir) and pH 6.5 for soil.

here is a nutrient availability chart

pH_chart7.jpg

here is a cannabis leaf deficiency chart

cannabis_leaf-deficiencies31.jpg

here is the Cannabis Plant and Pest Problem Solver and the Plant Abuse Chart

Cannabis Plant and Pest Problem Solver - Pictorial

Plant Abuse Chart

Back
Top Bottom