first grow problems - help please!

silloroy

Hi everyone
first grow, day 27 and started to have some problems...
here are some details:

seeds:
total of 6
2 feminized skunk #1
2 feminized northern lights
2 regular Afgan kush

grow gear:
Homebox grow tent 160*60*60cm
250 HID light + 75W florecent
Cooltube
2 vents + AC

Nutes:
first 18 days they got rootjuice
Now their getting Sensigrow Part A+B
**didn`t do low stress training...

Problems and Questions:
1. Space - Can a 160*60*60 be enough for 6 plants? if not - should i toss 2 or more??
2. My largest girl is showing signs of brown leaves all over(see pic), I know its not watering problem what may be the problem?
3. one of my girls got a broken main stem bout 1-2cm from soil. is it fatal? if not - what should i do?

If i left out any relevant details, ask and ill respond as soon as i can
Thank you so much in advance for sharing your expirience!

1) I veg a maximum of 6 plants in a grow box twice the size of yours and I've successfully flowered up to 4 ladies in that space, but could do 6 if it was necessary. I would say that a maximum of 2-3 ladies in flower could fit in that space.

2) It looks like some sort of deficiency, like advanced cal/mag IMHO. You did not mention the medium or the type of water you are using. If you could supply that information it could help with the diagnosis.

3) You can tape up the stem and see if she'll recover.

I use a coco soil premium mix - I asked at my gardening store about a PH meter last week,
the guy there told me i don`t need one and not to worry about PH, he said that the soil+nutes he gave me does it.
i use tap water.

so if I should throw away half of my girls (its gonna be painfull as hell) How will i choose wich will live??
1.should i necceraly keep the feminized plants?
2.the one with the broken stem i thought was my prettiest one - but if i need to throw 3 she should
probably at the top of the list right? wich means i keep my 2 skunks and 1 northern lights...
3.another issue - when i only have 1 growing space - there is no way for me to do clones right?
and then i need to go from seed to smoke every grow?

thank you so much for the advice

I would add a cal-mag supplement to your water each and every time you feed/water since you are using coco as your medium. It's a tough decision on what to do with too many females, something I've not yet experienced. You can try and flower them all, but it could reduce your overall yield/potency and increase chances that mold or other overcrowing issues might develop. I would wait until that last possible moment and keep the 2 or 3 plants that look the healthiest and most mature to continue into flowering, definitely remove any damaged plants. Yes, with one growing space, like I have myself, you are committed to separate, consecutive grows from seed, unless you always run the grow box using a 12/12 light schedule, then you can clone or grow from seed always using 12/12 light schedule. This will probably lower your overall yield but should not affect potency, if done right. There are several growers here growing from seed using 12/12 light schedule.

ok, so i will get a cal mag supplement.
till then - i think i will say goodbye to my broken stem plant
and the largest and sick one. and keep 4 for now.
I dont see a chance to keep growing the 6 together because they
are already all over each other.
i will update (or should i post in "growing diary"?)
thanks colorado

Back
Top Bottom