Please help identify problem with White Widow

dj1714

Okay first of all thanks to everyone for looking. My setup is a 3.5 x 4 room with a 3x3 flood table with 20 gal res. Flooding four greenhouse seed feminized white widow 4 times a day for 15 minutes at a time.
Perfect sun 500 led. true watt draw 213, room temps 69-79, humidity 50-60, ph 5.7-6.0 nutrients Botanicare pure blend pro, calmag+ 2-0-0, 2ml per gallon while in veg now switched to gh camg+ 1-0-0. PPM at 600. res temps 69-73. a 6" max fan pro series for extraction, 6" circulation fan, air stone and circulation pump in res, blue lab guardian for monitoring.

Plants have vegged about 7-8 weeks and have switched to flowering 6 days ago. Before switching I noticed 1 out the 4 started getting brown spots which led me to believe it was a calcium problem, Just not sure why this is only happening to 1 plant. 1st and 2nd pics are of the plant with problem. 3rd pic is on of the other sisters of her.
Sorry pics are under led, Any thoughts and suggestions would be appreciated.
Thanks.

20170201_182907.jpg

20170201_182921.jpg

20170201_182932.jpg

oops title should have said white widow. Either my fingers are getting bigger or the keyboard is getting smaller. :laughtwo:

That spotting on your lower leaf kinda looks like magnesium or phosphorus deficiency? And since you are in flower right now I wouldnt be surprised if your plant just wants more flowering nutes.

Beautiful plants man, other than that little spotting they look heavenly.

Kamehameha may be right. Your setup looks like everything is textbook, other than the PPMs being a little low for initial flowering. I'm going to stick around if you don't mind. I'm hopeful that one of the other Illuminati pops his or her head in and offers up some sage advice.

:morenutes:

Thanks for the replies guys. I'm also thinking a deficiency. I had the ppm up to 700 but the tips were burning a touch so I back them back down to 600, but will increase a little this weekend. Only thing I can't figure is why it's only happening to this one plant.
Oh well just have to see what she does. Will update later .

Thanks

I use the Botanicare nutes as well. 2ml/gallon is pretty low. Too low. I'd up it to 4 or 5.
Without typing out a more detailed explanation- the yellowing could be related to calmag as well- and/or your ph may be just a little high.
Maybe up the calmag to 5ml. ;). It won't hurt. Just make sure to factor in the extra nitrogen it contains, because it is a nutrient- it's nearly as much N as in the Grow*. Also keep a closer eye on your ph. It should be 5.6-5.8 and not higher. I stay at 5.6 myself.

Re. why it's showing up on only one plant- If you're growing from seed- different phenos have slightly different needs and sometimes you'll notice it this way where conditions are borderline and one shows a deficiency ahead of the others.

*i reread and saw you mentioned switching to GH. I'd still up it to 5ml though.

Thanks for replying Weaselcracker. What I was referring to on 2 mll per gallon was the calmag. I always add that first because of the nitrogen, then the Botanicare, adjust ph and add z7. I'll try upping the nutrients and calmag. Never thought about running the ph a little lower like that but sure will give it a shot and see what happens. Sorry that I didn't include this earlier but they are from seed out of the same pack that I got from Herbies.
Thanks again. ;)

Calmag is what I was referring to as well. 2ml/gallon is kind of low- etc etc ... ;)
And seed strains will usually have a few different phenotypes even if they're sort of subtle.

Calmag is what I was referring to as well. 2ml/gallon is kind of low- etc etc ... ;)
And seed strains will usually have a few different phenotypes even if they're sort of subtle.

Ok thanks I misread. I remember reading that you have to use extra calmag if your are growing under led, just didn't know how much extra to use. I'll up everything and see what happens. Thanks again for your help Weasel.

Hey DJ, how are your plants getting along now a week later. Any change?

Hey Rider. Well they are on day 20 since I flip to 12/12 and they're starting to become young ladies now. Seems like the spots have slowed down some and the 3 sisters are ok. I'm starting to feel like a little kid waiting for the candy wrapper to get off the goods. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Will be doing a res change this weekend and will up nutrients and calmag a little more. Here's a few pics. Thanks for asking!!!

20170215_180333.jpg

20170215_180343_001.jpg

20170215_180344.jpg

20170215_180317.jpg

20170215_180303.jpg

I hate to shine negative light but look into rust fungus I'm going thru it now. It attacks healthy plants in hi humidity low temps during lights out.

Man I hope that's not it. She's looking a lot better now but I'll keep an eye on her. My temps have been 69-72 at lights out and 79-82 during lights on . Humidity at the highest around 66 even though I like to see it lower. The growth hasn't slowed at all she's passed the oldest one this week by 3 inches. I'll just keep an eye on her but Have to give reps to Weaselcracker for pointing out to me about different phenotypes.

Hoping the best for yours.

That LED you're using really makes your plants look amazing.

Those are like the most photogenic MJ plants I have ever seen.

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Just a little update. The girls are getting a little more mature but not really the healthiest I've ever seen( like me I guess) but nevertheless they are getting there. I thinks it's on day 36 now from flip. If nothing else I know the thing about this all is I really enjoy bringing something like this into the world. :riskybusiness::riskybusiness:
Okay up next will be a few pics if I can remember how to do it. Peace everyone and Happy Growing!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom