Help on bug issues

Kikibonds79

Hi I’m not sure what kind of bug these are need help on what I can use to treat my plants. I’ve been using this for a week and bugs are still breeding like crazy.

11B77FEE-63D7-4208-8CD9-AACA6D9476A8.jpeg

0C6D24BD-1FE5-4CE4-9BF2-A10E39945AED.jpeg

A61D91AF-21B3-4E10-8B8B-B2240FB8AABE.jpeg

7D57C43F-8C33-463C-A2A4-F2AAF080D2C7.jpeg

Yikes! If I were you (and had the money), I'd hose those plants down with Permethrin SFR, then work my way outwards until I reached the end of the neighborhood (okay, my property line). Then I'd repeat it on the third and fifth days. Then, I'd hit the plants and the rest of the area with Bifenthrin (which is said to have a pretty good residual effect).

Yikes! If I were you (and had the money), I'd hose those plants down with Permethrin SFR, then work my way outwards until I reached the end of the neighborhood (okay, my property line). Then I'd repeat it on the third and fifth days. Then, I'd hit the plants and the rest of the area with Bifenthrin (which is said to have a pretty good residual effect).
Thank you I’m just stressing out due to my neighbor tree is infested with these bugs. I still have time to fix this just clueless on what to use.

A neem spray or a true soap spray should work. The soap (like Safer's Insect Killing Soap) can be used right thru flower while the neem shouldn't be used after bud set.

Those look like aphids.

I agree with Azi. The product you're using doesn't appear to be doing anything. Safer's with potassium fatty acids works well on bugs (they look like aphids to me). Mix up some Safer's and spray all the leaves, tops and bottoms, thoroughly. After they've dried, make sure you rinse off the tops of the leaves as the light/sun can burn them.

Good luck.

Thanks you guys I got the insect soap I used it they are dead but this clueless girl forgot to spray it down I’ll have to do that at 4:00am hopefully they don’t get burn

And likely not a "one and done" exercise. I know for mites and thrips the little bastards lay eggs that have a protective covering to them that protects them until they hatch and they can be sexually mature and lay their own eggs at about three days old so you have to re-apply regularly to break the cycle.

Not sure about aphids but if your neighbor's tree has them you'll be getting a steady new supply anyway so you'll have to keep up with it.

And the rinse-off is more about cleaning the leaves off so the residue doesn't block the pores. The stuff is only effective while it's wet and sprayed on a bug so no sense leaving it on the leaves beyond that.

Back
Top Bottom