Help on lighting

kountrykid

im starting my first grow with an auto blue mystic from nirvana.its giung to be indoor but im still confused on lighting.can anyone point me in the right direction.thanx

A lot people will use...

CFLs/T5 in the 6400/6500k (kelvin) blue light spectrum or MH which are suitable for the vegging.

CFLs 2700 k, HPS 2050k/2100k or dual spectrum HID all of these are suitable for flowering.

Dual spectrum HID/HPS which support some blue spectrum can be both used for veg & flowering... brand names to look out for sunmaster, grolux & i believe philips do a CMH ceramic metal halide which be used as the above.

Other wise it may be a mix 'n' match job with bulbs to help support a full lighting spectrum for all stages of growth with an auti flowering strain.

I'm kinda in the same boat as the OP, I've been searching and searching only to find the same information. the same rule of thumb 6500k for veg and 2700 for bloom. I understand that these spectrums are ideal during certain phases of the plants life but are there any T5 guru's out the with a more in-depth "rule of thumb". For example I've read that certain spectrums cause more stretching or tighter buds. so can anyone tell me what spectrum causes what. I'm looking to buy a T5 4ft 8bulb fixture and planning to grow OG Kush. I've never grown this strain before so I don't know any of its traits. so for example sake lets say its a purely sativa and It stretches alot...is there a better light ratio (2700/6500k mixed) to stop stretching and cause denser buds and vice versa. and what would this "rule of thumb" be so that if u where growing a fluffy strain u could promote denser buds and if you wer growing a strain that stretches a lot u can promote tighter nodes. I felt like I've search this topic with no definitive answer, nor have I found any grow journals that tried different light ratios on the same strains. any input is highly appreciated thanks!

Kush is a mostly to pure indica strain. The link in my signature gives a lot of this information and is not strain specific. If you want your plant to stay short and bushy, use a blue bulb (6500K) if you want a large amount of stretch, use red light (2100K). The density of the bud is based primarily on the genetics of the strain, then the light intensity, not spectra. To increase the mass of the bud you want to go with a red spectra due to the photo-chemical processes that occur during the flowering stage.

Back
Top Bottom