Help please: FastBuds Purple Lemonade Auto! Is she ready to be chopped?

DoinkDaddy

420 Member
Hi Everyone,

I'm on the final stretch of my first auto grow and I'm not sure if I should chop her down now or wait another week! I've done really well so far and don't want to do something stupid now.

Popped up out of the soil on the 28th of November 2020, so she's 10 weeks and 1 day old. Breeder estimates around 9-10weeks.

What do you experts think? Any feedback is much appreciated!

tempImageM25hC1.png
tempImageXSNEJD.png
tempImagebQCiW8.png
tempImageLbJNBR.png
tempImageUiwyQx.png
tempImagejZtP4c.png
tempImageielAfS.png
tempImageHRHBmU.png
tempImageFGNW4R.png

I'll attach trich photos to another post below this.

Hey DD,

Welcome to 420. Nice plant - looks really good! The bulk of the pistils hairs have turned colors there’s very few fresh fluffy pistils on the plant - that’s a sign she is entering in the harvest window. You could take her now, you could wait a week but personally I couldn’t see much on the trich photos, I can tell they are there but I can’t pick the colors out very well. My eyesight on tablet screen sucketh, I do see some clear, lots of cloudy but not much amber, but don’t go just on my word.

The common sage advice is wait until you think she is done and give her another week. Would help if you could drum up better pics. Smartphone app called magnifyer or digital micro scope helps, but I’d be checking her every day until you do the deed.

More peeps will jump in later hopefully but let me be first to say Congrats on this one!

Should be fire...

It looks great but I'd wait one more week if you want to have some more amber. There's still some glassy I can see and I think, but not sure, that the amber in the photos is on the sugar leaves

Plant looks realy good though.

Thanks guys. I'll try take some better photos of the trichs shortly and upload.

Not bad for a 100w LED light and a 40cmx40cm (1.3ftx1.3ft) tent eh!

Took another gander at your pistils, I’d wait until the bulk of them have changed color and crinkled up and then start scoping frequently. The cool thing is you are gaining experience by asking the right questions and zooming in on your trichs.

Not bad at all....

I've tried taking some more photos with a clip on magnifying glass for my phone but it's a real pain in the ass. I'll have another attempt with a jewellers loupe I have lying around the house when I find it.

Looks like I'll be leaving her for another week!

Another question I have is... Can I partially harvest? I was having a squeeze of the colas and a majority of them are super dense and nice but a few of the lower sites are quite fluffy and nowhere near as dense. What would happen if chopped all the nice dense bits and left the lower bits that didn't have as much light for another week or so? Or am I just wasting my time?

Yes great idea - Sure partial harvest works really well on photoperiods never tried an auto but should work there too. I had a monster paki valley indoor and harvested In 3 stages, top colas then about 8 to 10 days later chopped the mid level buds and then waited another week or two for the lowers to ripen. Turned out really nice for me

there is app called magnifyer that you can download for smartphones, never tried it myself but from what I’ve heard it seems to work ok.

added link below, recommend bud washing and also check out low & slow fridge curing. Some of the threads are quite long but in most cases first page of reading gets you what you need to know. hyperlinks are in green >> Harvest prep & curing

I couldn't get a magnifyer app to work but I've let her go and plan on cutting her down in the next 2-3days.

I've stopped watering and i'm going to turn the lights off tomorrow morning for the next 48 hours or so. Is this a stupid idea?? The branches with big colas seem to be almost falling over now they can't hold up their weight.

Here's a couple photos using a jewellers loupe but they aren't very clear! Also... I couldn't help myself and had to take a little sample off today. Busy drying out in the tent now :)
IMG_6209.JPG
tempImageSyuBXs.png
tempImage59hW45.png
tempImagerjHAnb.png
tempImagepYE4zS.png
tempImagefCfShO.png
tempImage9am7iE.png
tempImageNcTIOK.png
tempImageCTaUkl.png

When you look at the trics, you might see a cloudy little ball in the center of the clear. That's immature and peak strength probably isn't there. Go ahead and rip open that sample you got there and get steady. I usually get a good focused pic and then zoom in on that. Get out of the grow lights and no flash, to much looks like things are milky when they aren't. When it pops to milky you're not going to miss it but I see a lot of tric heads either missing or never developed. With that much foxtailing I can't see how they aren't ready tho. Such a nice bushy plant great job.

Back
Top Bottom