Help Please

420-magazine-mobile1523417538.jpg

420-magazine-mobile969513361.jpg

Better and better! :thumb:

Now just a couple or three 23-watt, 1600-lumen compact fluorescents in the mix and she be rockin!

Nice looking plant!

Hey, post an update photo next week if you get a chance, OK?

Do you think I could take clones from my plant? Or would it be bad

(Speaking as someone who has never cut off a clone), I'd say, "Yeah, you could, but removing 25% of a plant that's just getting back into the game will not make it any happier. Give it a few weeks (and a few CFLs--had to say that! ;)) and you should have lots of clone-cutting candidates.

It kind of like a shrine to cannabis. :)

Those incandescent bulbs just don't have the photosynthetically active radiation (PAR) to be much help, though. You'd be much better off with CFLs or some 5000K Philips LED bulbs.

It kind of like a shrine to cannabis. :)

Those incandescent bulbs just don't have the photosynthetically active radiation (PAR) to be much help, though. You'd be much better off with CFLs or some 5000K Philips LED bulbs.

But will the ones I have now at least help

But will the ones I have now at least help

Yes, they will help. (They'd help more if put some little foil reflectors on them to focus the light on the plant.

It's just that incandescent light is not the best spectrum for photosynthesis (and they don't produce as much light per watt as other technologies). But yes, it's a step forward! But your plant is going to want a lot more light soon. (For example, I have one small Dwarf Low Flyer right now that has 5 23-watt CFLs, one 800-lumen LED lamp, and one 12 watt LED grow light, and it could still use a lot more light, especially now that it's going into bloom.)

She looks great with that dramatic Hollywood lighting, but I'm thinking of philosopher Johann Wolfgang von Goethe's dying words: "More light!"

That is a terrible bulb choice. Go to Home Depot and get some 5000k philips led bulbs. That bulb your using has very little PAR value. It's doing your plant more harm than good.

Agreed that the 60 watt oven lights on side altars are not much help (though logically you seem to be arguing that if the lights are doing more harm than good, the plant would be better off in darkness? ;)). If you've been following the thread, you've seen that the main overhead light is an LED unit, so its spectrum should be OK.

Agreed that the 60 watt oven lights on side altars are not much help (though logically you seem to be arguing that if the lights are doing more harm than good, the plant would be better off in darkness? ;)). If you've been following the thread, you've seen that the main overhead light is an LED unit, so its spectrum should be OK.

That's an led? It looks like an incandescent? Why is it so yellow?

Better and better! :thumb:

Now just a couple or three 23-watt, 1600-lumen compact fluorescents in the mix and she be rockin!

Nice looking plant!

Hey, post an update photo next week if you get a chance, OK?

Why are you telling him to get CFL?
That is the second worst source of light next to incandescent.

Back
Top Bottom