Help Please

Been a while since I been on but was wondering if anyone could tell me what's up with my plant now. She isn't doing so good but has gotten so big
420-magazine-mobile1856013217.jpg

Been a while since I been on but was wondering if anyone could tell me what's up with my plant now. She isn't doing so good but has gotten so big
420-magazine-mobile1856013217.jpg

Looks to me like a little over watering. Are you using nutes? What kind? Check your ph also. Hope this graph helps!
420-magazine-mobile2023950821.jpg

Do you ph you water? I'd almost have to say overwatering. Which has killed your tiny root hairs causing it to have nutrient deficiency. I would maybe at some root enhancer lay off the water let really dry out. Feed with root enhancer let dry out again might take a few times to rebuild healthy root system. From my knowledge the tiny hairs absorb nutrients and the larger root mass absorbs water. Plant looks pretty been stalked I'd say it's been chronically over watered.

I don't water much due to this grow isn't at my home. But I have never ph my water. Don't have the stuff to do so. Thanks so much for the help

Over and Under watering can look VERY similar. They both cause the plant to droop. Are the leaves "juicy" and full feeling or "papery" and dry?

Since you say you don't water much, I'd be inclined to think it's a case of under-watering that's causing the drooping. That said, I noticed it's growing in a 5 gallon pail. What kind off drainage does it have? Even just a "little" water will eventually accumulate in the root zone if it's got nowhere to go, and that'll cause an over-watering issue.

Also, not to belabor the point, but you REALLY should consider buying a pH pen or testing kit or something, and probably some pH down if you're using tap water. The fact that you're growing in soil gives you a lot more leeway than a hydro or coco setup. You might be just fine, but you're still risking a nute deficiency, particularly for Manganese and Iron if the water you're using is higher than 6.5

Just found this... Looks like the issue. I hope you have drainage in bucket lol

Basicly the way I understand it, the roots are unable to breathe oxygen, lack of oxygen means the plant can't metabolise nutrients, the plant strips and redirects the nurients in larger leaves(which are becoming useless as the plant is unable to supply the photosynth. processes occuring in them with nutrients), to the growing tips and seed baring areas(bud) of the plant. This is a survival reaction in the plant. I am sure every cell in the plant has a prepogrammed response to the various types of stress built into its plant "DNA".

The lower and larger leaves are the least likely to get light compared to the upper leaves, so they are eaten first. Also the higher parts of the plant are the places where reproduction(buds) will occur. The plant is attempting to last long enough to outlive whatever is causing the stress( in this case flooding), and reproduce .

The number of different reactions the plant has to this stress probably don't boil down to one equation. Although it looks like the primary one may be caused by the roots proucing ethyl alcohol from the plants starches rather than sugars, because of the lack of oxygen in a anareobic enviroment like waterlogged soil.

Back
Top Bottom