help! pollination question

ndawgg27

Please help me. it's my first grow and i want to collect to pollen from my lowryder but im not sure how to. from what i know i bag the branches and pop the pollen but i dont understand how to. can anyone explain how to pop the pollen and how and when to bag the branches please. Thank you for your advice, its much appreciated

I am only going by what I have read..... not from any type of experience of any kind :)

if you got a male plant, snip it's balls off (flowers) just before they open up, and put them in the plastic bag..

then , carefully, put the bag over the branch... (after that I don't know.. lol) I guess you would want to get teh pollen mixed on the branch, then remove the bag? or maybe leave it there for a day then remove it,, stop the fans from running while you do it so it doesn't blow pollen all over your room/crop

I have been toying with the idea myself,, forcing a plant to hermie with colloidal silver,,

:goodluck:

Just trim them off when it's nice and full. For more effective way, you can place the bags over the branches before the balls pop. That way when it does the pollen can sit in the bag. Letting the balls pop on their own signifies the maturity of the pollens.

Then, get a small fine painter brush and sweep up some pollen onto the tip, then brush it gently onto the female flowers. They should produce seeds.

depending on what your doing, theres a few things you can do. yes you can collect the pollen sacks, but, if you have multiple females, a busted pollen sack + a fan = all pollinated ladies.

safest way to do this (im assuming that you are getting pollen from a hermie as opposed to a male) is to cover the branch with the bag and shake the branch, this will cause the pollen sacks to bust and spill pollen into the bag. (if you have a make plant, you can bag the whole top of the plant).

then, depending how many seeds you want, if you want many, you can take the bag with pollen and secure it around a female branch and then shake the bag, causing the pollen to swirl around the inside of the bag covering the the female branch in pollen (remember, the pollen has to work through the pistils).

if you just want a few seeds, then use the small paint brush that was mentioned above. get some pollen on the brush and apply it to the pistils of the flowers that you wish to produce seeds.

:thumb:

I'm just wondering if this is what is happening to my plants? I'm hoping its mold but nowI am not sure...can u takr a look at these pics & be able to tell me what u think? and if it looks like pollination is there anything I can do to stop it???
04632.JPG
04336.JPG
03052.JPG
04137.JPG

Back
Top Bottom