Help! question on organic ph up & dn

SHILOH

Im new to organic growing, I use Gh-ferts and others, happy frog soil, my water is a perfect 7.0,,, when the ferts are added, I have 6.0 most of the time, sometimes I get a 5.0 reading which worries me a little so I was looking at organic ph up & ph down which opened up a million schools of thought,,,however, when I read the run-off it's always a perfect 6.0. should I be concerned at all with these readings? I feel like thats perfect but im severely anal retentive and perfection is all Im able to handle. Should i be content with these readings? :thanks:

Im new to organic growing, I use Gh-ferts and others, happy frog soil, my water is a perfect 7.0,,, when the ferts are added, I have 6.0 most of the time, sometimes I get a 5.0 reading which worries me a little so I was looking at organic ph up & ph down which opened up a million schools of thought,,,however, when I read the run-off it's always a perfect 6.0. should I be concerned at all with these readings? I feel like thats perfect but im severely anal retentive and perfection is all Im able to handle. Should i be content with these readings? :thanks:

Sounds like you're doing pretty amazing stuff, my friend. Rock on with your organic-self.

Soil has a natural PH buffering effect mainly when concerned when using organic nutrients...

You get a slight change of PH when nutrient enriched water is freshly applyed but buffers back to its natural PH value over several hours.

I use to monitor this over the first few grows which all held pretty stable around PH 6.7, i do not even bother with checking PH now of nutrient solution or even run off.

been growing with organic nutrients/soil for a year now with out ill effect.

i have a question.. i am using Mycorrhizae in my soil and i a m having ph problems, how can i lower the ph in the water without killing the Mycorrhizae? my tap water is 8.0 ph, would lemon juice work?, if so how much should i use?

You could always try to switch the medium, and that ph is to alkaline, herb likes it more acidic you need that water to be around 6.5, try buying a simple brita filter for you faucet, this will lower the ppm as well as adjust the ph more to around 6.8. And will lower your chlorine levels as well, which could be causing some issues with your organisms. Organisms and Bacteria will die from Chlorine, so get rid of the Chlorine.

Back
Top Bottom