Help - Tad bit worried

Need2Succeed

Trying to narrow down what the problems are not; to get closer to identifying cause. That's the plan here. That is unless someone can confidently help progress me towards a solution. I'd like to keep plant healthy and thriving.

So, here we are;

I have one plant exhibiting purple at the top point of growth. Only plant of my 4 that I did not top, is the one displaying purple. Coincidence most likely. Genetics a factor? I can only hope so.

I have been low stress training on all 4. Also noticed is yellowing around leave tips and edges. Sighted mostly on older growth. Minimal signs thus far on new growth.

Pictures here to help. Also, I'll answer your questions as accurate as I can recollect; I'm all in with these plants. Budget grow thus far; but I'm all in. I spend time with these plants often and they are amazing. I want to ensure they thrive for there entire life.

420-magazine-mobile1916037059.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1516484750.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1217719264.jpg
420-magazine-mobile122998233.jpg
420-magazine-mobile448470733.jpg
420-magazine-mobile2249751.jpg
420-magazine-mobile800416941.jpg
420-magazine-mobile2068311845.jpg
420-magazine-mobile124424405.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1582295103.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1510298274.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930V using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Re: Help; Tad bit worried.

Looks to me like you've got aphids my friend--they will make your plants live a very miserable life. I'm not an expert but there's a lot of little white specks on your plants. Get a strong lens or magnifying glass. Look under the leaves, VERY, VERY carefully. If that's what you have you can kill them--there's plenty of advice on the net.

Looks to me like you've got aphids my friend--they will make your plants live a very miserable life. I'm not an expert but there's a lot of little white specks on your plants. Get a strong lens or magnifying glass. Look under the leaves, VERY, VERY carefully. If that's what you have you can kill them--there's plenty of advice on the net.
Will I see them moving? I have a decent magnifying glass. I don't see anything moving. No white spots under leaves. On surface just. Got me panicking now. lol

Well I don't see anything moving. I think I'll spray lightly with soapy water. A little windex mixed with water.

Purple could be the genetics, it could also be from temps dropping low.
Those are the only two reasons I've come across in growing.
As far as any deficiency go we will have to wait for someone with experience to jump in.

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

There are several very common bugs that attack indoor plants: aphids, spider mites and thrips are a few.

When I see white dust and white specks on a plant that's a very strong clue that one of these bugs (or a common root fungus) are involved. If you go on Google images you'll see them but those pictures are usually severe over-infestations so you'll be thinking; that can't be your problem cuz' things don't look that bad. When the plant is under attack but it's not yet severe it can be hard to see the bugs--plus they are in different forms at different stages of life. They can live in or near the soil too and that can make it hard to see them.

To see the bugs you sometimes have to study the plant, the stem (all over), under/over the leaves, and on the the soil VERY slowly and VERY intensely--only then will you see them. In some stages they are green, sometimes black, and sometimes white---can have wings and no wings.

The damage is seen as: white spots, yellowing leaves, curling leaves, sad-looking plant, black spots, cracks and holes, waxy, sticky, dusty.

Your first line of defence is rinsing and washing with dish soap---if things aren't too far gone the soapy rinses can save your plant for you.

In my opinion people too often go looking for nutrient problems when there's none. The good news is that you can kill the bugs, it's a common problem, and there's loads of info to help you do that on the web.

I sprayed with water that was mixed with a bit of windex. Along with allowing to dry out. Keeping a watchful eye. I'll see if problems persist or not. I sprayed on leaves and a small amount over the topsoil.

Well I cut off parts of leaf tips that displayed holes. I sprayed diligently a three times thus far on leaves with soapy water (windex/water) and I scraped off several white specks on tiniest black specs. Just 5 or so on each plant. Trying to monitor and surely diagnose any ongoing issue. I low stress trained again while I was at it and did a little bonsai style trimming. I think they are growing healthily. Other than the possible white specks being aphids? I don't know. As long as new growth is outgrowing the damaged growth; I hope, that I'll be able to avoid any detrimental issues.

Back
Top Bottom