Help W/LED Grow Please

DahGonnit

I need help and suggestions to set up a grow tent with an LED. would like to yield at least 4 oz every 8 weeks or so. 90 watt UFO ?? or 50 WATT panels ?? Hydro or soil ?? Keep in mind this is my first attempt at growing but have read TONS !!!
I have an abandoned bathroom space to place the tent in. I would like materials to cost under $500. Ive spent the last few days reading all sorts of grow journals and would love to start my own but i need help pulling the proverbial trigger. I dont have a lot of cash to spend so i would like to gain maximum yield inorder to pay for a Bloom Box or Producer.

Hey DahGonnit,
LED's are undoubtedly cheaper on electricity, produce less heat, and work great in conjunction with cfls. From what You explained though it looks like you are on a very tight budget so Like JJ said in your case it would probably be better to go with CFLS's as to purchase one good 250 watt LED light is $400-$500 Minimum. CFL's will also be less heat than an HID system and less electricity. To be honest though if you are only looking to spend $500 I would say a small HID light would be the cheapest and give you the greatest yield. You can buy a good HID grow light system now for as little as $150 for a 150 watt system that will grow a few plants easily. This will leave you some spending room for fans, extra Lighting (CFL's), Nutrients, and all the other things that you will want to make your grow thrive. Remember having a good grow consists of more than just a lot of light, although that helps. Having the proper ventilation, drain off, PH, and all these other things are important and will cost extra money to maintain. So I would just keep this in mind when you go to make your final purchase.:cheer: I hope this helped and I hope your first grow gets up and going soon:welcome: Be sure to start a grow journal.:grinjoint:

Back
Top Bottom