help with my room please

smokeschronic

hi all, I have setup my room and babys about 3 days ago

I have 2 x 600w HPS lamps 1 metre above my 14 babys, I have an extraction fan with filter that I leave on for 18 hours with the lamps, the temprature in the grow room exceeds 87~88deg F with the lights and the fan operating at full speed, iv managed to bring it down to 82deg F by leaving the door open for 15 minutes and am expecting it to drop more in the next 15 minutes, however the door cannot really stay open because of the light, im not sure where i could get an intake from im in a top floor penthousehave borded up the grow room window with plasterboard and put my exhaust through the plasteredboard with the window open the other side.

I dont have any oscillating fans as of yet but will be putting one in later today however im not sure thats going to drop the temprature by enough, obviously this is winter and i dont heat my flat at all so in summer its going to be a bigger problem.

but the other problem is the temprature drops to about 60deg F with the lamps off, my room space is as follows

total room size
55 square ft
412.5 cubic ft

grow area size (seperated with height of lamps at moment and reflective sheeting on pure white walls)
35.75 square ft
160.88 cubic feet

if anyone can help me troubleshoot my setup id be very happy.

thank you
jim

here are the pictures of my setup

4388.JPG

3500.JPG

2588.JPG

1878.JPG

well, for girls that size...i think low 80's is perfect...but when u get into 12/12 i prefer mid 70's. AS for your exhaust fan , i feel you can raise it higher above the lights , as heat will rise . so the higher u go, u'll b able to suck out more hot air rather then the cool air. Having a higher rated inline fan will help suck it out even more. And if you did hav a higher CFM fan for that exhaust, esentially you will be able to create a vacuum affect sucking fresh air through the seems of the door, therefore helping contribute to a lower temp.

As for being to cold...i go to a local hardware store or a wall mart and purchase one of those cheap small portable heaters . The hav built in thermostats in them so you can find the perfect setting to dial in your room when lights out. Buy a green bulb so you can turn it on and dial it in when light cut out.

iv switched 1 of the lights off and moved the 1 on its own diagonally across the plants and bought a desk fan to blow 24hrs and strengh the stalks, question is will 600w be enough light for the 12 plants as it would keep the temprature to around 78 with the 1 lamp, and i will raise the exhaust filter to above the light when lights are due back on..

iv got ata bloombastic nutes, says to start givin it ata root-c and terra leaves for the 1st 2 weeks do i give the nutrients once a week with 200ml water for each plant and just plain water every 2-3 days

after just root-c and terra leaves for the first 2 weeks i start with the other nutrients in the box.

so as a rough feeding guide
saturday 200ml water with nutrients
mon water
wed water
fri water

obviously il do the nutes the same day each week but the water i will do when the soil is dry about 6" deep in the pot.. thank you

thanks screwnuts iv been looking at your journal nice setup bro and impressive outcome, mines a bit of a bodge job but il learn from my mistakes just a quick 2 hour setup job should have took more time, used a bit of construction and made a room inside the room but oh well if this one doesnt go very well il try again and do it properly..

iv put exhaust filter hanging from cieling now above the lamp and will check my min/max temps tommorow when lights have been on for a long while +rep for your help

you should totally be fine with just one 600...i have a 4x8 tray with 50 girls on there in a somewhat SOG style with 4 600's. A little bit over board(by mayb 300-400watts...but i get some sick results)...;''

are u vegging under hps' or just going str8 to 12/12...????????

Im vegging under hps 18/6 for 2 weeks then il be switching to 12/12 (i only have hps lamps at moment maybe invest on my next grow) kept temps at 76f with 1 light so overheating problem solved for the time being will get a oil filled rad or something for the dark/cold period think im going to give them a dose of root-c and terra leaves tomoro first week is up tuesday but i think they got a bit shocked with the massive climate changes so prob guna take a few days to recover but they are starting to look really healthy and green now so putton a smile on me face thank you so much btw im from south of uk and its been shit weather here snowing and all that

Back
Top Bottom