Hot box, need advice

superlocker

Hello 420 people!:Namaste:

So I've been making this growbox, and i have some heat issues.
I know, i bougth a way too big grow light, didnt do good enough research i guess..
I hope maybe some good fellas in here got some trick to solve this without changing the light. Maybe there exist some kind of coolersystem, apparently i cant seem to find...

The Box is 75 x 58 x 120cm
-280 watt led
-x2 110 m3/H Extractor Fans (in and out)
I've also put two fans inside for extra circulation.

The temprature inside the box is 31+°C
Room temprature 25°C (the window is open, and a 40cm standing fan is blowing in fresh air)

I'll throw in some pictures...

Nice setup superlocker! It looks to me that that one intake and one exhaust are too small to adequately exchange the air inside of your grow box without either more and/or bigger intakes and exhausts or some sort of fan pulling air out of your box to help ease the heat stress.

Ditto on the nice setup!

I'm concerned about your exhaust. I've been thinking about a cabinet built very much like yours, with the rectagular exhaust up the side. I bet it's just not passing enough air, no matter how much fan you have. A sharp bend like that really disturbs the air flow, and a rectangular vent has to have more area in its cross section than a round one.

You absolutely have to get temps under 29 - over that and growth is impaired. Another issue causing your heat is your intake temp at 25. That doesn't give you much room for heating. It's probably not feasible to lower that, so you're stuck having to vent very efficiently. Moving the intake to the other side opposite the exhaust would help if you can do that - pass the airflow directly over the LED before it has a chance to mix.

[Edit] I looked at the pic again after I posted and realized that your intake runs through a channel, too. That's your issue - those channels just aren't passing enough air - gotta make 'em bigger somehow.

Thanks for responding

The door to the box is removed now, and the 40cm floor fan blowing right in. Temprature in the center of the box is 29.°C.
The damn ligth is too big for the little box i think..

Thanks for responding

The door to the box is removed now, and the 40cm floor fan blowing right in. Temprature in the center of the box is 29.°C.
The damn ligth is too big for the little box i think..Any other advice?

Yeah, 280 watts is a lot to vent, but you have an airflow problem. If you can somehow enlarge those channels, it still may work.

Back
Top Bottom