Help with organic soil mix

1dube57

Hello everybody, I'm newbee at this and was hoping someone could help me. I'm using a organic mix that sais it's 15-33-38. I've heardd that I should be using cal/mag with the ro water I'm using. Can anyone tell me if this is true. Any help would very much appreciated. Thanks....greg

You can help yourself out by using dolomite lime in the soil. It has calcium, magnesium and other good stuff as well. It also helps with ph buffering. If you have acidic soil, dolomite works great!

I would check out Doc Bud's older grows where he used organics. If you take the time to read through them you will pick up a thing or two or a dozen ;) I am pretty sure he advises against dolomite lime. He is a staff writer here and very helpful. He actually offers a kit to make a specific soil pretty much perfect btw. If you want to keep it simple, adding DM red or OC+ if you can find it should have all you need. This is Dynamite or Ozmacote fertilizer. I hope this helps, best of luck!

I wonder why he advises against dolomite... I'll have to look into this. He may know something I don't.

I wonder why he advises against dolomite... I'll have to look into this. He may know something I don't.

Forget about dolomite lime, use powdered egg shells + wood ash and you'll be more than fine with plenty of K, Mg and Ca on the top!

I believe too much magnesium in it that competes with the calcium. A purer source of calcium I think calcium carbonate is used in the 6.5.3 method mineralizing the soil. amending 6 parts calcium 5 parts soft rock phosphate 3 parts gypsum. He doesnt use this method now but says just mineralizing your soil will upgrade your grow.The current High Brix Kit he offers now that many here at 420 are using is taking plants to max potential.

Great tip Conradino. I have heard of people using crushed up sea shells too. I looked over your journal, very nice work. You should do another!

Thx, man. At the moment I'm growing outdoor, but nothing fancy. Giving a spot I found first run, so I know what to expect. Growing Tangerine Dream and Kerala Krush there. I have one underachiever at home in air pot too - an Afghani pheno, which was saved from sudden death, grew very slowly and is currently SCROGed in pre-flowering, it's starting looking well actually. Next season I'm putting out landrace sativas + landrace indicas for breeding my own strains if everything goes well - that's gonna be the journal :)

Powdered egg shells on the other hand are easy to make at home and with wood ash create a very powerful fusion, I mix them with my garden compost, bat guano, mycorrhizae, banana peel and some decomposed peach pulp (fructose).

Wow overwhelmed by all the responses, thank you all very much. I'm trying my best to learn how to grow these girls. With the help of you good people I think I'm starting to learn a thing or two. Do you just grind grind the egg shells in a blender? How much do you mix per gallon of water of eggshell and ash?

Leave fresh shells on the sun to dry, then grind them to a powder. For a gallon use 2-3 spoons, the same with ash.

Thx a lot, I have high hopes for this grow as well. If my both spots come as secure till April next year I'll put out around 20-25 plants. My sativas have been selected, but I'm looking for some californian genetics, 2-3 strains to grow aside - I need to ask people on this forum later on :)

I checked your grow, wicked looking leaves - they remind me of Northern Lights pheno which I grew very long time ago and never saw the happy end. I'll be dropping by. Happy growing!

I'll get some pics together to post. I'm doing a scrog right now of pinapple express and pinapple chunk. Hope to post in the next couple of days.

Hey has anyone read ryan rileys book? He claims that using alkaline water for explosive buds. I bought 10 gals of it and it says it set to 9 ph?

I am very new to this, but that sounds very high to me. I also know these things can be strain dependent. Soil acts as a natural buffer for alkaline or acidic levels, so the more soil, the less impact, of course the ratio would come into play here too, as well as drainage. Personally, I would want to see it having worked for somebody else in a similar situation, with a similar strain. I would ask some of the pros on here personally.

Back
Top Bottom