Help with T-5 Lighting in cab

jaredismyname

Hey this is my first post on here, have been a long time lurker, but now have a question for you all about my new build. I am setting up a small cabinet, approx 1.8m x .9m x .45. Will use the top half for flowering with a 400 watt hps. Just wondering what the best watt T5 would be for seedlings, clones, and a bit of veging?

2x24Watt
Age of Aquariums - Hagen T5 HO Twin Remote Ballast Kit 2 x 24w

2x39 Watt
Age of Aquariums - Hagen T5 HO Twin Remote Ballast Kit 2 x 39w.

Cheers for your help :Namaste:

First, I'd like to point out this quote from their website, "GLO T5 HO fluorescent bulbs and reflectors sold separately."

So that in mind, I did some research into their lights. As these tubes are meant for AQUARIUM USE, they will not be as effective as actual grow lights, but this is the best of what they have. Also, I assume that the 1.8m is the height? If so, the I further assume the width is .9m and is .45m from back to front. This in mind, I have assembled a parts list for you to consider.

PLEASE KEEP IN MIND that these are for aquariums, and as such might not be the best for your grow.

Aqualina Single Compact reflector 30inchTakes 2 x 24w tube ( not included ) Fully mirrored German reflector
  • Aluminium casing
  • Splash proof cover
  • 2 year warranty
  • Australian made
  • Dimensions ( L x W x H ) 764mm x 125mm x 65mm

To go with your reflector:Catalina 17k/420nm 24w
Aqualina Single Compact reflector 30inch
$135.00​
$135.00
Catalina 17k/420nm 24w
$17.50x2
$35.00
Order Delivery Charges Standard Shipping (7 Business Days)
$7.50
$7.50
SubTotal: $177.50
Total: $177.50
Includes Tax (GST): $16.13

Now, as the hoods usually DO NOT NEED A BALLAST, I would get just the two above.

ALTERNATIVELY, I would like to suggest an alternative to the more expensive aquarium lighting, fixture and lamp included...
SUN BLASTER T5 3 FT STRIP LIGHT
Cart Sub-Total:$41.80
Priority Mail International$110.33
Estimated Total:$152.13

There is also this one in flebay dot com dot au for about AU $79.00

Search for: AQUARIUM FISH TANK GROW LIGHT FLURO TWIN T5 3 FOOT

Item location: mentone Victoria, AU, Australia
Posts to: Australia

Back
Top Bottom