Help

Newcannabislover

Following are pics of my plants. These are Northern Lights grown under Fluence LED lights, with CO2. Using Botanicare Bloom nutes, with addition of CalMag and Liquid Gold. When this was just beginning, I ran this past a grow guy I know and he suggesteds adjusting pH to 6.5-6.9, and suggested that it was nute lock. I've read that a flush might help, but I'm reluctant to do it. It seems to me that these plants are already stressed and flushing would be more traumatic and might lead to hermaphroditism. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

IMG_1540.jpeg

IMG_1541.jpeg

IMG_1542.jpeg

IMG_1539.jpeg

Sorry these were taken under LED lights, I dont have any incandescent lighting in grow room. The light areas are quite yellow and the leaves pale green. I do have one plant that seems unaffected (weird, right?). Plants are dropping leaves from bottom of plant, but no more normal.

Flipped 4 weeks ago. Started flower production two +/- weeks ago. Flowers look great, but I grew this same strain last run with none of these problems. Since last run I added more powerful lights and CO2 and installed better climate control. I understand that higher temps increase ability of plant to use CO2, so I've increased temp to 83-85 F with lights off temp of 75.

The yellowing looks like they are hungry but they are heading for senescence too. I don’t think I would flush but would continue feeding them. What the NPK of the Liquid Gold? Are they grown in soil or coco, what’s in you grow media or soil mix?

The beauty here is different growers will see unique problems or potential solutions.... so please don’t change them based on my word alone but wait until a few more replies come in. I’m going to shout out for @NuttyProfessor

0.1-0.1-0.5. Growing in soil (BX mix). Checked runoff pH and found it to be 5.9. Love your optimism on the differing opinions. I'm new to this (my third grow) and find all the opinions a bit overwhelming at times. Thanks for your input!

Yes a forum can be overwhelming with differing opinions coming from everywhere. That’s a good reason to wait for a consensus from multiple parties. Those nutes sound low think you could hit them safely.

Forget checking runoff ph or ppm. Runoff contains fine sediments, chemical salts and nutes that come out in the wash, it’s an inflated number. Plus if you check output ph or ppms and then adjust your input ph or ppm to get a different output value you will wind up in the ditch fast.... don’t chase that rabbit.

Another thing... those last plants even if they were the exact same strain could be a different phenotype and therefore have a different trait or appearance. Seeds taken from even the same pack or exact same bud will produce different plants - they are not twins but unique individuals, one could be sativa dominant and the next could be indica dominant and so on down the line.

As a plant nears senescence or the harvest window it will steal or borrow nutes from the fan leaves. The plant then seals off the lower fans and allocates those resources to other parts of the plant, eventually the borrowing of resources moves up the plants to affect the other fans leaves

what’s the NPK of the botanic care nutes? Lowering to 1/2 strength might be wise or it may have contributed to the yellowing. Nutty may not be back in here until tomorrow but again wait for several others to jump in

when you mix your feeds to you do cal/mag first ?

Do I add Cal Mag first?
Calcium has a double charge and likes to bind to other elements. If you add it at the end, it'll have options to attach to (phosphate) and precipitate out of the solution. Add it at the start, and it should stay in solution.

If you have amino acids now would be the right time to add them to reboot the plant , calcium gets locked up quick in soil then pk messes around . you add amino acids it will open up channels that are blocked , im not 100percent but strong lights and co2 too much can also lock cal as its mobile through water only when the plant transpires .

At the same time, glutamic acid and glycine amino acids stimulate root cells to open up calcium ion channels, allowing plants to take up calcium ions thousands to millions of times faster than simple osmosis. The increased availability of calcium provided by amino acid chelated calcium has secondary benefits For instance, a plant with a strong vascular system takes up water and nutrients more efficiently, increasing the Brix* or sugar content of the plant. :ganjamon:

0.1-0.1-0.5. Growing in soil (BX mix). Checked runoff pH and found it to be 5.9. Love your optimism on the differing opinions. I'm new to this (my third grow) and find all the opinions a bit overwhelming at times. Thanks for your input!
Is this soil or soilless your using , I'm not sure if its hydro soil or soil , we don't get the brand where i am, I've had some meds today so im slower than ever lol . :straightface:
If this is soil you want to ph to 6.4 , if not and its a hydro soil 5.6, 5.7 , see if it responds , flushing is the last thing you want :cheesygrinsmiley: then up ph 5.9 or so

Back
Top Bottom