help!!

yup thats to hot, the best thing to get is a vented hood, is there anyway you can get more fresh air in and the hot air vented out of your grow room?

not realy. i mean its a closet so theres no windows or anything. only thing i can do is open the doors time to time..u think that ac would help?

consider venting to you attic space above the closet. It's not too hard or too expensive to cut a hole in the celing of the closet, clear away the insulation, and install some ducting. The attic space is already vented to the out doors.
You need to post pics through the 420 gallery. If you can't figure out how, PM me, and I'll walk you through it.
Vin

vintner said:
consider venting to you attic space above the closet. It's not too hard or too expensive to cut a hole in the celing of the closet, clear away the insulation, and install some ducting. The attic space is already vented to the out doors.
You need to post pics through the 420 gallery. If you can't figure out how, PM me, and I'll walk you through it.
Vin

so where would the duct go to? or would it just go for a few feet then empty into my attic?

sneakinman13 said:
would it just go for a few feet then empty into my attic?
Right on the money there bro. It might not work as well in the summer, cause most attic crawl spaces are like saunas then. And you'll want to make the hole through the celing as snug as possible to prevent cold air from comming down around your vent hose in the winter, but it should work just fine.
Vin

thanks alot vin. im defidently going to do this.
any by the way do you think masterlow is worth doing?
im gettin feminized seeds first . but i realy wanna grow lowryder for my grow after just for personal use. any input on it would be nice. pce

LowRyder is kind of a waist of time for an indoor grow. the quick turn over is nice, but the yeild sucks bad. Unless you have a very tiny grow area, they're a waiste of space. If I had to grow outdoors, and very stealthfully, and had a large area, or many small areas, I might consider doing LR's again. It's a novelty, don't waist your time or money on it. w/just a few more weeks spent on an indoor grow, you can have a normal grow, and a bigger harvest. It was my first grow ,and my first seed perchase on line, but I really don't recomend it any more. I just haven't changed my signiture, or documented any more grows. Just MHO
Vin

ya i was thinking it might not be worth it. i think im gonna get either grapefruit fem, or cinnamon fem.. i realy wanted to get blueberry or some kinda fruity one but couldnt realy find any for a reasonable price. thanks for the info the vin. pce

Hey, no problem bro. good luck with your grow, and keep us posted. What size are your pots? They look a little small unless you plan to transplant.
Vin

ya the pots are small. those are just the ones i plan on starting them out in. i got bigger ones to transplant. and ill keep ya posted. im ordering the seeds this week.

About that cooler...well it will give you about a 5 to 10 degree difference but one thing to realize is that it will increase your humidity. All it is is a swamp cooler. It blows a fan through some wet material basically. You could get the same effect by blowing a fan across a bucket of ice or through wet towel. Air cool the light and ventilate all hot air and your temps will drop. That's the key. How do your babies get fresh air in? Controlling your enviroment is real important. if you can't control temps then you can't grow healthy plants.

how do i airccool the light?? well the only way it gets fresh air in is when i open the closet door. for now. i plan on doing what vin told me. and cutin a hole in the ceiling and geting a ducting tube so the hot air can rise out. still gotta get a way to get fresh air in tho. i thought that ac deal would be my solution to the fresh air flo but i guess not? any ideas?

Just placing a duct from the box to the attic won't help. You must have a fan of some sort pushing or pulling the air into the duct and attic. You need to have a reflector that has a glass shield to properly air cool a light. You could place a fan down low and have it blow at the light to displace the hot air some. It would work better than nothing. Doing those 2 things can reduce the temps a lot. Fresh incoming air would help a lot too. After all...there is no way get enviroment any cooler than what the air in your room is since that is where it breaths from.
I do have another question. is your box 100% light tight? If not, then you will never get your ladies to bud. if you can see light peaking out, light can peak in.

light woulndt beable to get in.. cas when the closets closed theres a sheet over the closet. and theres no types of ligts goin on n my closet except the one growing the weed. so thats not a problom. and i have 2 fans inside the growbox and a outake fan.. about the air cool light. i dont kno how i could do that.

i did some modifications to it a while back
still just as hot tho.
its the black fan i had hagin. but now halfs inside and halfs outside so it would blow the air from the closet threw then blow the hot air out the outtake fan. an di have 1 more white fan in there blowing towards the light .
and im gettin mylar this weekend. and floros for veging.

can you show me a picture of your light? It sounds as if your ballast and bulb are attached and still in your room. If you could make the light a remote ballast it would definately help with heat. all it would require to do so is about a 10 foot section of 3 wire 14 guage (or better) extension cord and 4 wire nuts and some electrical tape. A little mechanical knowledge would help but I could probably walk you through it even if you have none. Knowing what type and size your light is would help as well.

rf

Back
Top Bottom