Too Hot, I need help!

JDJP

So while my air temps max out at around 85* summer isn't even close to hear yet so I need to solve this problem now.Room is 9x4x8'tall will be split into two rooms one with a 400w MH, with vented hood, and the other will house a 1000whps. I am planning on either a window unit in the adjoining room, or a portable ac in the closet itself?
My problem is I have a 6" 420cfm fan and filter combo blowing into the attic right now, and I don't see how I can cool the lights, get fresh air, and air contition the room at the same time. It seems to me like I will be blowing out all my Cool AC air.
any help would be great thanks
jd

Re: To Hot, I need help!

attic you could tap into a plumbing vent pipe and exhaust fan air up that to increase your airflow you don't have enough air flow
a much higher cfm fan or several more would help also cool tubing the lights would too....

With the a/c you won't have the heat problem you did/do now,
so it seems to me.
when the a/c is on,
shut down the exhaust and see if it has any natural draw/air flow.

I thought I needed fresh air coming into the room? Im trying to make it so I can shut the closet door and everything to look normal. I guess I could try putting a portable ac in the closet, it will have an exhaust tube for the heat it produces, I can exhaust it to the attic, and just exhaust the lights into my room?

No its a slatted door for now, but I planned on makeing it light proof

thanks for the help damagoman, Im still kinda confused, but I guess ill just have to tweak around with it.

Thats a good Idea, but what do I do about getting fresh air into the room?

run a smaller 4" duct to the same window. attach the duct to a smaller fan and either put it on a timer to blow air into the room or just plug the fan on when you go in there each day. I just have a small squirrel cage fan sitting on the floor which I plug in when I go into the room to adjust ph everyday. Or you can put it on a timer.

you say you have a filter on the intake fan why that cuts down on fresh cool air and if intake is working properly smell should not be a problem to start with till closer or middle of flower you could get a intermittent ozone generator and it would help in those warm temps to cut down on airtborne fungi pathogens germs etc not knowing more details makes it hard to brainstorm fixes if youi are going to have 2 areas
could you do the veg area with cfl's and LEDs in blue more than red and just use the big hot light for flowers space i think ed r speaks about this in one of the pot magazines i was just reading at borders the other day that cfls in some set ups give more usable plant light for the watt than HID light do but pretty sure that was a veg cycle set up

you say you have a filter on the intake fan why that cuts down on fresh cool air and if intake is working properly smell should not be a problem to start with till closer or middle of flower you could get a intermittent ozone generator and it would help in those warm temps to cut down on airtborne fungi pathogens germs etc not knowing more details makes it hard to brainstorm fixes if youi are going to have 2 areas
could you do the veg area with cfl's and LEDs in blue more than red and just use the big hot light for flowers space i think ed r speaks about this in one of the pot magazines i was just reading at borders the other day that cfls in some set ups give more usable plant light for the watt than HID light do but pretty sure that was a veg cycle set up

well thats what I was planning at first, but after looking at the pros and cons of the cfls i decided on the HID because it can be vented, and watt for watt the heat produced is about the same so 16 26w cfls and im worse off.
I plan to use the 3x4' just inside the door for my veg area split the room with 6 mil black plastic. Ill vent the 1000w hps with the 6" fan (420cfm) into and out of the adjoining room. ill vent the 400w mh with an 8" duct booster reduced down to 4 " sucking out of the closet. Ill have the AC in the flower room, and a light proof vent through the plastic.

well thats my plan as of right now anyway

thanks for the help guys

This scares me because I live where it cn get 120+ somtimes in the summer i have a
400w on the way no exhaust in the closet yet wanna see if i need closet is kinda big 2 1/2 X 6' X 8' think i will e good.

Back
Top Bottom