Temperature Ventilation Help!

Slypknot

Hey folks,

I've been working quite a while on perfecting my grow box. I've removed the need to make it stealthy and now am working on getting the temperature down to the perfect level.

I've attached a picture of my current grow box. Setup is

400w HPS
465CFM Squirrel fan exhausting from reflector
2 large computer fans intaking air into box
6 plant hydro setup (using 2liter bottles cut in half)
1 smaller tower fan just circulates air

Average temp (light on): 84F
Average temp (ligh off): 78F

Here's where I'm somewhat lost: How do you guys get your temps down to 78-79 with the light on??? I have so much air blowing through this thing it's like a vacuum. However, in order to get the cold air in the room's temp must be 75 or so. Running my A/C to cool my entire house down to 75 for this single room seems insane.... is this how most of you guys do it?!

I also considered buying a portable AC unit, but this seems to cause all kinds of other issues like seriously high electric bill, humidity issues, etc.

My exhaust is being piped into another room, so I dont have that issue, yet the room this box is in heats up regardless. So as the 18hrs continues the temp slowly rises in the room causing the intake air to be higher in temp - you get the idea.

So how do you guys handle it? I know throwing more CFM's is NOT going to solve the problem - just not sure what would (unless I picked up a portable AC unit or turned my home AC down to like 72F....which is not a great option).
-Slyp

Nice set up. Though 6 plants might be a bit much for that small a space. Can't help you much on the temps except to say maybe you could get a remote balast.
Vin

WHAT IS THE TEMP WITH DOORS OPEN?
MY BIGEST ROOM IS 18' X 18' AND I HAVE SIX 1000W LIGHTS.
I HAVE A 12" OUT PUT FAN. MY TEMP WAS GETING UP TO 90.
SO I PUT IN A 8" INTAKE FAN( FRESH AIR.) AND THE TEMP IS 77 DAY TIME NOW.. P.J. OUT.:peace:

Back
Top Bottom