How should I set up ventilation?

The flowering room is getting hot, the room temp goes up to like 85F when the 400w HPS light is on. The room has one fan on the floor, the door is kept closed. Size of the room is 12x12. It also has AC coming down from the top. Now I was wondering how to add ventilation system in the room?

Keep in mind that I cannot cut holes in the walls or doors. The only place I can think of blowing hot air out is up through the AC hole on the ceiling into the attic. Do you think this will work? Also, what CFM do you think is needed in this size of a room?

Appreciate any help!

This is a tough one,it will be nearly impossible to do without cutting holes somewhere. If you have central air, you could leave the fan on so you get fresh air even when a/c is off. Could you buy a cheap door to cut holes in,or is that not an option? To find out how many CFM you need you have to calculate how many cubic feet your room is. Length x width x height. If your room is 6ft high it's 864 cu. ft. It's recommended to use a fan large enough to exchange the air 2 to 3 times a min.

I have/had the same problem I got to 102 deg a week ago. I am currently plumbing out the window. Who needs a 1800 cfm attic fan, so I am making it exchange air. Sucks about the co2 dosing, trying to run muilti timers so fan is off when co2 is introduce. I have a tent 4x4x7 so little easier than yours, the warrior sounds smart.

water chiller outside room>cold/hot H20 lines> radiator or transmission cooler core inside room> with a fan blowing over/though it.

ducted hood/tube > air register as exhaust. intake would be crack under door or second duct through register next to exhaust if its the register opening is large enough.

You could always use a second register identical to the others in the house to mask any new holes too. maybe a ceiling light fixture can be removed so you can use the can hole..

So install a radiator in my room plumb it out the tent, home temp and fan cooling it. Then would I be able to keep tent closed tight with the cooler/radiator in front of fan, because I really want my tent closed up tight. I have a reef tank so my PH falls with any extra co2 in my air in my home and it hurts my corals.

If the register in the ceiling is blowing in a/c you can't use it for exhaust. You would have to go in the attic and change the duct to fit another vent tube to exhaust into the attic.

Back
Top Bottom