Ventilation issues

420forever

im trying to set up my closet and i have no idea of how to set up a ventilation system in such a small place, its 7' by 2.5' and its seven feet high on the right side but only 4 3/4' high on the left (attic). my only problem is that i can't cut holes in anything to install fans and i have no door on my closet....advice fast please!!!! :thedoubletake:

No door on the closet might be a problem. See what you can improvise to close the space. Keeping it lightproof during flowering will be crucial, so you'll have to close it somehow... You can make a passive exhaust with as little as an exhaust fan up top and an air inlet down low to keep cool air comin in. If odor is a problem you might have to invest in something a little more extensive.

Whats your setup? Be more specific and it will make it easier for us to understand your situation.

Good luck, now its time for you my friend to get those creative juices flowin'.
:roorrip:

lol yeah i guess i can dream somethin up but do they need fresh air from outside directly or can i really just vent it into the rest of the room? i can probably make a redneck carbon filter to put on the exhaust fan is there anything else that i can use to cut down on the smell? i wanted to grow maybe 4-5 plants in soil, hydro seems really complicated for me and i know basics like pH, nutes and water but if i wanted to use a 400watt hps/mh wouldn't that be too hot and too dry for a closet?:rollit:

You could use a 400w. It all comes down to your vent scheme. Hillbilly carbon filter will work fine, you could also use some plug in fresheners for extra odor masking... They do need fresh air, but it doesn't need to be from outside. Just vent it into the room. Hydro isint all that complicated depending on the method. You might check out some of the setups on this site for some ideas... Peace man

what wattage florescent bulbs should i use for seedlings, i wanted to grow 5 at a time is that a good number to start with? this is my first serious grow lol stoned...about to be morestoned lol:passitleft::passitleft:

really? 2000 lumens per square foot? should i just use an HID that can interchange different bulbs? that seems like an awful lot of fluorescent tubes for a closet unless im doing the math wrong...

Check out that foam poster board stuff at an art supply store. You can cover it in black/white vinyl and make a very light weight / inexpense door for your closet. I recommend using an air cooled reflector for a HID light in a closet which requires a vortex style fan. They can be noisy. Or use a flat muffin style fan or multiple fans in the "foam" door to pull air from the closet and push air from the main room into the closet. If you keep the main room temp cool then the closet temp should be reasonable. You must move air in and out though.

Back
Top Bottom