Ventilation issues

coloboc

Hi everybody !
I was thinking for a log time to start my first grow so I have read a lot of useful information on this forum, a really good source. But I have a problem and I was hopping you can help.
I rent a small 1 room apartment in a flat. I was thinking of building a grow closet in it and start my grow. The thing is I do not know what to do with the ventilation, I can not make any holes in the walls for air in and air out so I do not know how to exit the air from my closet or where to get it in from ?
Also I was planing on growing 9 auto flowering plants under a 400 watt bulb. I am on a tight budget so i was wondering what bulb should I get a MH or a full spectrum HID ? Can a have 9 plants under a 400 watt bulb, will they have the necessary light ? Can I use a 400 watt fluorescent lights instead of a HID lamp for a 9 plant grow or the fluorescent bulbs will not provide the necessary lumen output? And with the summer on the nose I will get some big temperatures in my living room so that makes my think one more time on my ventilation problem !
Any advice is more then welcome !!!
Thank you very much for you time !!!

If you BUILD a closet, then on the door have venting going in and venting going out, if smell is a issue put a filter on the line going out, this probly work best if you either bought a tent, or built a room with wood/drywall what ever you work best with and have $$ for, tents sometimes are better way to go if your not the best with a tape measure and level lol

It's best to vent out of the room otherwise the room will heat up and you end up just circulating hot air.

The only problem you will have living with your plant is the smell. A filter can help with that.

So it is ok to take air in and exit air out in the same room ? Can I still live in it ? )))

only issue you will have is if your house gets too hot, if you have ac in your house, in the room then your fine. look up how small the tents can be vented into rooms, if you have a windo you can vent out window and then seal the window shut to the tube,

mh is your veg HPS is you flower, if you get a hood for this you need to vent the hood out of the room or you will have ALOT of heat, Flourescents are lil better on heat BUT you cant vent JUST the light, you have to vent the whole room, which for you isnt THAT bigg of a issue, it has to do with how much area you want to light and how dnece you want your plants,

MH and HPS seem to give dencer bud then fluorescent tend to do btw

I am on a tight budget so if I would buy just ONE bulb what kind should I get ? I saw some good full spectrum HID bulbs, but if a MH has a better performance I can get that one knowing that my plants are auto flowering ?

jlt1202 thank you for you time, I know this may seem over talked and maybe boring for you but the first time is the hardest ))))) it is like learning to walk, need to take baby steps )))

jlt1202 thank you for you time, I know this may seem over talked and maybe boring for you but the first time is the hardest ))))) it is like learning to walk, need to take baby steps )))

no problem man, we are here to helpp! and i hear what you are saying, you dont have to spring for the HID of the start if you want to save $$$ a fluorescent or CFL will get you through most of you veg fine, then you can spring for your HID for you flower,

z30.JPG

i started my girls under a 2 bulb t12! they grew slower but they grew!

zz5.JPG

they got to look like that in like couple weeks : )

you dont have to have the most expencive bulbs to grow man just start with what you got and work your way up man!

OK so i have decided to grow my plants directly in the room where I live, on the floor. I will put the reflector above the plants. Sense they are auto I don't need to wary about the dark cycle , I'll use 20/4 cycle so they sleep when I sleep )))
I can buy a light kit ( a HPS bulb + ballast + simple reflector ) 250 watt or 400 watt with the price 75$ versus 103$, witch one do you think should I get ?
I want to grow 9 plant, a 3 by 3 square but I am not sure if a 400 watt will put enough light for all of them, so can I try 9 or should I put just 4 plants, a 2 by 2 square ?! If I am stuck with 4 plants can I get the 250 watt kit for them best not to go cheap on my light ?!
Should I build some mylar walls around my grow area as weal ? Should I put some mylar underneath the pots on the floor ?
I want to use 9l or 2,3gal pots and some Canna Bio Terra Soil Plus, what fertilizers do I need to get additionally, this hole fertilizer stuff is new to me and there are a lot of them out there ?!
I want to get some sweet seeds Jack 47 Auto for the grow as they seem to be very potent for an auto, not sure yet, the variety of strains is confusing for me ))))
How often do you think I should vent my room ? What do you think about all that ?
Thank you for your time !

Back
Top Bottom