Ventilation help

loudm4n123

420 Member
Hey guys. I got a closet grow going , I"m setting up my ventilation and was wondering if you guys could give me some words of wisdom. I got a 4.5x2.5x6.5 grow tent I forced into a 4x2x6 closet. I couldn't fit the frame so i just nailed it in and supported the front with a shower rod. I have 1 agro led 465 dio watt LED panel and a 265 watt panel taped together hanging from a shelf with U bolts. without vent and 2 fans the tent gets to 80-82^F with the veg setting on. If i turn on full spectrum it gets to around 90-95^F. thats nothing compared to HID bulbs but its still high. I ordered a vortex s600 6" vent fan and the plan is to install it into the top duct port and vent air into the top of the closet area or aline the ducting with the slats in the top of the closet. Here's a few pics so you get the idea

Thats the top the vent port is on the left side but every other port is blocked by the wall. I'm thinking since I have another closet to the right, I would punch a hole into the next closet for a passive intake but would that be enough? or do yall think I would need to invest in a duct booster to force the air in? anyone with advice is welcome to give me advice.

You will need fresh cooler air in and a way to push the hot air out I don't know if you have air intakes and exhaust in your ceiling for an air conditioning system but I have a closet and it'll get really hot in there also

just got my vent fan in here few pics of my setup. feel free to give me words of wisdom.

I couldn't find a 6"-4" so I bought a 6"-5" converter and a 5"-4" converter and used 4" ducting.

I gonna try out a passive intake and see unless you guys think i would need a booster to force it in.

Air will take the path of least resistance. Do you have any way for your air to get into the closet>tent. Once/if you close the doors you won't have much if any air flow through the tent or either closet. Return air grills on the doors will work. That big loop in the duct is added resistance. Dropping down 2" dia in duct is even more static pressure which is going to work your fan harder and not move as much air. I don't see a place left for your scrubber, your going to want one. If your going to run without it on in veg you really need to test it with it in place first. You'll lose atleast half your airflow in that setup with one. It would be a bad day to have a closet full of stinky flowers that you can't keep happy. Any more questions ask away.

Back
Top Bottom