Ventilation Set up

Ghosted

Can you vent the hot air into your house, for example if a grow is in a closet and you don't want a vent sticking into the backyard or anything can I just have the intake from the backyard but the outgoing hot air will go into my living room. Is this a good decision? I'd feel a lot safer and more low key not venting tons of hot air outside

Hey ghost...well as I see it...I would assume your filtering the hot air before it's vented into your living space.....also that you live in a cold region of this planet...if you feel safer than by all means I would too...but what's you venting?....what size lamps?....and how many?.....word

well I have 6 1000w metal halide and I do not live in a cold area lol but I can deal with the heat. Where I plan to be venting is a closed off room so it won't effect my entire house and yes I do plan to use a carbon filter. I don't know much about the subject yet because I havnt decided my plan of action but any wisdom you feel like bestowing upon me would be much appreciated

I have my grow tent vented into my room, which definitely raised the temperature very high, especially during the summer months... ( I dont have AC) I always have a box-style fan in my window to create a Negative pressure into the room, from the apartment, which creates a fresh breeze. Even with this setup, with it venting directly into the house (not near the window) and a fresh breeze, the temp was about 10 degrees hotter in this room than in my other rooms.... so for me I had to vent it into the room, but very close to the window fan, so the hot air was sucked out immediately... This dramaticly reduced the room temperature and now I have a stable 81-82F at hightest inside my tent..

With that though I was extra cautious about the odor, having 2 carbon scrubbers there was very little smell, exept for late flowering...so I added a little "odor box" consistant of an active carbon filter, a shit ton of dryer sheets, so the air blows thru it and it scents the air as it enters the room, and out the window... I also by cheap air fresheners and once a week will put one in my 6" output hose, just in case... now I rarely smell anything, unless I open the tent... :)

I would recommend if you do vent it into your house...always have that room venting outside as well, just stick a few air fresheners around, or an air purifier, and you should be fine...just consider the temps...if your running over 600w...

Yah ghost than I would do some homework and invest into a nice carbon scrubber or two and you will be fine.....icemud said it when he talked about the negative pressure creating a fresh breeze...word

I started a new thread but it relates to this one. If i want to add Co2 to the equation then does that mean i cant have a ventilation system?

No you would typically release more CO2 during dark hours....which is when most people rest some of thier fans and exhaust.....you don't want all kinds of just CO2 building up though so be smart....as soon as those fans kick on during sun up your fine...don't forget CO2 typically is run on a timer and used in Intervules....for sudden bursts....you should be fine to do this...

but dont you want temps around 10 degrees higher while using Co2? that would be hard to do when the lights are off seeing as how they are what provide the heat?

I just make my own CO2 with a few 2.5 gallon jugs with water/yeast/sugar.... seems to work fine for my 3x5 tent...my nugs are pretty dense...and large :)

No you never WANT your temps up......some strains will easily adjust to higher temps if there is an abundance of CO2.... Not all.....if your running a canister of CO2 with a regulator than you will be able to get your PPM up higher....then the higher temps are ok....if you make a generator out of yeast and sugar it won't raise up the co2 PPM enough for the temps to be tolerated..but it will help your plants buds benefit.....

Well hopefully i will have a tank on a regulator because i want around 1400 ppm so doesnt that mean the plants will only take advantage of all of that abundant Co2 if the temps are higher?

No you would typically release more CO2 during dark hours.

Err... No.

Plants use CO2 in the presence of light.

Just treat the light(s) and the growroom as being two separate things for ventilation purposes (because they are). Use sealed reflectors. Draw air for them from outside the growroom, pass it through the reflector(s), and then back out of the GR. It'll be heated, but won't smell, which means you don't need to run it through a carbon filter. The GR in general will still be vented. You'll use a carbon filter for that; said carbon will work longer because the air it treats is not so hot. With the lights properly vented, you may find that your GR does not require constant venting - that makes supplementing CO2 much more feasible.

Its a fine line to achieve all this Co2 stuff & respect to ya if you do choose to go down this road :peace:

All i can suggest is start reasonable simple for your first grow or 2 & then progress.

A well ventilated grow room does not really need Co2 enhancements as their are other methods for getting bumper yields aviable to the grower :thumb:

I use passive intake on my grow rooms with windows left open small amount to allow fresh air in and external extractor fan venting warm air into the house/another room.

Back
Top Bottom