Help

Profit

I need an answer fast. Can Anything bad come from placing my 1" rockwools with clones into 3 " ones before they show roots out the bottom. I know I SHOULD have waited longer because it may have been a waste of rockwool for any that don't take root but other then that is there any risk they will die for some reason????? Also I have been misting them for a week can I stop now and just mist the clone dome? Or should I continue to mist a little longer, and if so how much longer?

I need an answer fast. Can Anything bad come from placing my 1" rockwools with clones into 3 " ones before they show roots out the bottom
Hey guys, sorry 'bout the time frame on answers / questions:
I recently experienced this. The lost ratio was over 80%. The ones I started in original Rock wool cubes made it ok. The ones transferred went bye bye. Root them, in original cubes. Keep misting them, I do until they go into the flowering arena.
Is this a soil grow?

No, I said that happend to me, a personal experience. you did ask if anyone had an experience. This transfer created,Too much SHOCK! I took a crap shoot.
The survivors are over a foot tall now, and pumping.
I recommend that the ones in the 1" get rooted first before any transfer, this will reduce shocking them too much.
I also set 4 of these right into a soil container and they survived.
Basically I did not adhere to my own set of rules in cloning and took (or tried to) a shortcut, as I live 70 miles from any supply store. it is virtually an all day trip thru the mountains. It was my bad.

Do you mean put 1 inch cubes with clones into the 3 inch cubes with the clones still inserted into the 1 inch cube? I don't see why that would be a problem.

If taking the clone out of the 1 inch cube and inserting it into the 3 inch cube then you are looking at stress. Any microscopic cells that have grown onto the rockwool in an effort to root will be torn and the cutting will experince the shock and may not be able to reroot.

I clone in dirt with a dome. I mist once a day until the dome comes off and I feel the cuttings have taken hold in the dirt. usually about 1.5-2 weeks.

Back
Top Bottom