Hempy plus ebb and flow

Stutzy

So I had an idea and was curious if anyone has tried this or if it's even feasible. Im attracted to the idea of 2 liter hempy grows but not so excited about hand watering every other day. My thought was flood and drain trays stacked with 2 liter bottles cut the usual way for hempy. If the timer was set to flood every other day would this work instead of hand watering? Just an idea I thought might work well for a relatively low maintenance grow. Any thoughts would be very appreciated!

great idea stutzy.

i was thinking something similiar but with slightly larger containers. i was thinking that a wickable medium like vermiculite would probably have to be added into the top solution so the water would wick up , and the water level would need to rise above the drain hole for the hempy bucket so that the rez could fill. i could imagine it would be a pretty solid setup with impressive yields, though. i plan on trying that or something with a drip system/hempy buckets soon

make a journal or keep this thread bumped if you try it :)

I've been thinking of this too. I think it should work ok, but I'm not sure how I'm going to set it up.

The first problem I'm worried of, is my nutes in the res. I'm going to run the 2 part BPN with the bloom booster. From what I gather from Corey, this is a part organic nute solution so I'm not sure how long it will be good for in a res. So I think I might drain to waste.

But I will probably use a flood tray to ease in watering. Basically flood the tray, let nutes soak into the bottles then drain. Once the roots hit the bottom of the 2l which I think should be within 1-2 weeks of when they are transferred this would work fine.

The other idea I had was to get a bunch of 1-2" pvc and drill holes in the pvc wherever the 2l's will be under then. A poor mans irrigation setup I think. Not sure how that will work though, but I think if I get a strong pump and keep the holes small, the distribution should be pretty good. IE the first holes shouldn't get that much more than the last holes in the setup. Plus extra will leak out of the hempi holes, and then drain to res. I was thinking I could up my perlite count compared to vermilicite and consequently feed/water more often. By gauging how much water/feed the plants take and with some experience in time, I think any little extra nute/water could be carried over for a day or two. Could setup a pump and timer off res to flood once a day or so.
The main negative to this is more babysitting with water/nutes. It's nice to get away for 3-5 days w/out freaking out over wheter the plants will be ok.

Not sure what I'm going to do yet. Next run after current will probably still be larger pots and may try the hempi mix in larger pots. I need alot more experience with learning the plants and how they want to each grow different. Changing too many variables at this stage will probably just confuse me if I have problems. Looking forward to these BPN nutes though :).

Back
Top Bottom