Here's a pic of my plant's calyx formation, sexing help needed

Xavier

In the beginning, like a noob, I thought the stipule was my long awaited calyx. After further research I found the truth and waited. Soon small dots started showing up in the crouch of the node, that was a week ago. I waited a few more days and waited for those most desired pistols. They still have not shown their beauty to me.

I have read that the calyx of a female looks like a pitcher. Is there any truth to this?
I managed to take a pic of my plant's 5th node magnified. If anyone could help me Identify him or her I would be very gratefull.
calyx.JPG

It would be better if u took a side shot. I might either been new leaves or a female. New shot would be better. Look at my photos of a female and male and compare the 2

I hope these will give you a better visual.

this is a better pic of my 5th node
5th_node.JPG

and this is the 4th node
4th_node.JPG

I'm just worried because it's not showing any pistols

Wait like a week you will be able to tell dude, little balls are a boy and white hairs are a girl. YOU will be able to tell just wait man

Thanks alot everyone, I guess she's going to be a late bloomer. I'll keep you updated with pics.
Happy growing.:peace:

It has been vegging since mid April, it's saddly the only one that survived out of 5. It was the second to sprout. Even with the loss I'm still happy with the one because from the many articles I've read about females having pear or pitcher shaped preflowers it looks to be female, if there is any truth to that. I'm currently growing outdoors, I don't have the money to set up an indoor op. But I'm rambling, yeah, veg for right at 2 months and it started preflowering a week and a half ago. I've read all of those articles, well, there's a few I prob haven't read. So,I guess it all falls down to just slowing my roll giving it some bloom nutes and being patient.:Namaste:

I'm not too sure. I thought it was natural for it to go into preflowering about a month into veg. I'm in northern hemi, very summer where Iive. I haven't induced in any way. It is an indica strain, they do grow more quickly than sativas which can grow well through to November. Anyway, this is my first grow, that's why I came here for help. You know a lot more than I.

They will start to show pre-flowers more so as they approach maturity and not so much by a set time table. After which it will wait for the shorter days to begin its flower process. I'm sure someone with the outdoor experience will be of more help to you. If you read some journals of outdoor grow you might be able to ask one of the pros to check out this post. I've gotten nothing but help here so hang in there someone will answer better i'm sure. :peace:

Sounds good to me. Much thanks to you. This venture is not for the impatient body and I hope you have a good harvest. best of luck and happy growing. Take good care of your ladies and they'll take good care of you. And hopefully I'll be able to start an indoor op soon. I could use your help then if you're willing.:peace:

That second photo is showing me that it is a female in the first photo u can see a tiny hair piping out. Thanks to the iPhones zooming.

It is hard to distinguish so I made a choice to end vegging. It's 15'' tall, has all of it's laterals and showing a lot more preflowers(no testicals). I will know definate in about 2 weeks. Happy growing.

Back
Top Bottom