Late flowering calyx question Help!

BostonGreen

Hello everyone , this is my first post asking for help so please let me know if I'm missing info that might help!

OK. this is my like 6th or 7th time getting ready for harvest. And I have NEVER experienced this and it is really putting me down. I took a small sample off the plant to scope and check out my crystals to see when we're gunna chop and while handling the tiny bud a calyx opened up and there was a tiny tiny small green/white ball inside.. I freaked out and started checking all my ladies closely (6 plants, flipped to 12/12 December 20th 2015 all females producing very well. Decent smell and plenty of crystals tight rock solid nugs. These seeds are bag seed from my Med man I decided to grow while waiting for my re supply from nirvana seeds. Started with 10 but tossed 4 males EARLY while they showed preflowers before the Flip. )

Anyway every plant has one of these tiny balls inside the calyx. Also every calyx has a hair sticking out of it there are absolutely 0 male parts on my plants I have done my best everyday to check for nanners and found nothin. The hairs on most of my plants are still mostly all white 80% or more white. EXCEPT 1 female my tallest is showing signs of almost being done. It is the only plant with mostly red/orange hairs the buds are way ahead of the rest of my plants having the colored hairs loaded with crystals and overall looks amazing but crystals are mostly clear barley Milkey. I know when a plant gets pollinated it turns orange but being so late into flower I can't tell ALSO each plant is a diff strain having totally diff smells LOL so I can't compare a plant to a plant.. The one female that looks ahead could just b an early finisher ...

My Q is .. What are these green balls inside the calyx? Are they ovules or seeds starting to form? If so how? I have had 0 males its in a brand new tent from my other grows and males were thrown out before flowers even started.
I am just freaking out being so close to harvest and now am worried about my next batch ( fem white widow and fem white rhinos) going right into the tent to start flower when these are done as I have a veg room and bloom room.... I don't want tons of seeds in my bud... Because literally it seems as if almost every calyx has one of these green or white things inside...

i will take a picture of what I'm seeing once my plants wake up

Here is a pic of one of the green balls next to a calyx. (there was a white hair coming from the calyx before i took it apart) anybody have any input here on what might be happening.. I've never seen this before

image7068.jpeg

Hi BostonGreen,

As your still fairly new to the site let start by saying welcome to 420 Magazine and community of folks that gathers here!

Not sure I can tell you exactly what your seeing here. Suspect it might be an immature seed pod starting to form. I wouldn't worry about it too much at this point as without pollen from a male, I beleive it will not be fertilized. There are several folks in the community with far greater knowledge than I of the specifics of when seeds are generated, pollinated, feminized, etc...and hopefully they will jump in with additional insight and knowledge.

I offer my thoughts only because I experienced the same exact formations recently and none of them turned into actual seeds. Same situation, no males present EVER, yet they formed just the same.

Be well and happy growing!

thank you for the reply TanR. Yes i have read a few times of people having these develop with the flowers, and during harvest if they do not get pollenated they usually dry up and are almost non existent. I have my fingers crossed hoping for this result. lol I have never really took apart a calyx during this stage it kinda just happened when i was scoping my trichs and i literally experienced a mini heart attack.. lol and Thank you for the warm welcome to 420mag. I have been on the forums for a long time but as a ghost and finally decided to join the community

as TanR said if anybody else has had this type of growth in the calyx please share your knowledge as i would GREATLY appreciate it. These MJ plants just keep throwing me curve balls.

Here is a pic of one of the green balls next to a calyx. (there was a white hair coming from the calyx before i took it apart) anybody have any input here on what might be happening.. I've never seen this before

image7068.jpeg
didnt see any adequate responses..to this really old post..but to revisit this..as i am collecting seeds from my S4 plants that i bred with one that was masculinized via stopped ethylene production..aka colloidal silver..(not rhodalization or hermied fyi as it took me 24 days of soaking to convince her to flip balls)..that is a small very green seed..a few weeks from this and it would have been mature.

Back
Top Bottom