hermie

vaping

my plant was a female than i found where a seed was suposed to be a yellowpod like sack full of pollen devoloped. now it also seems seeded as well. will the other plants now seeded all be femitized?

I have read a post on this site that seem to say that when a femal plant develops a male flower its a emergency procedure to continue the species and as a result the seeds should be feminized to about 90% so that next season there would be a abundance of females and only a couple of very satisfied :) evil grin males in the grow area. But the one time i tried to grow seeds from hermaphrodite i got all hermaphrodites and the next time from the second generation hermaphrodite i ended up planting 50 seeds and got 49 females so In my opinion you may get hermaphrodites but if you finish them the next generation may very well be extremely high count feminized seeds.
In future if you watch your plants daily soon as you see male flowers reaching maturity try picking them and storing them in a rubber stoppered test tube as the polen will keep 1-2 months in the refrigerator at wich time you can use the pollen to cross breed a new strain using the smaller bottom buds

There is a difference between a hermie and a female pollen sac... hermie's will breed more hermies, but the female pollen will produce fem seeds... with a tendency to sprout pollen sacs.

You can tell which is what by the shape of the flower - if it's a bud with just a little "banana", then it's a female sac... but if it puts up a full on male flower... ya got a hermie.

thank you the sacks do look like little bananas and the same plant has pollenated other females and has seeds as well. maybe i got lucky for i need seeds. i have had no luck cloneing. the hermie is a cross of 90day plus white widow . the females are blueberry. aloha

Back
Top Bottom