Hesi pH down usage

singrow

420 Member
Hi there,

I have bought the Hesi ph down growth ph adjuster. My plants are on vegetative cycle and I would like to use this Hesi because it has 38% nitrogen too. So it would be both ph adjuster and a nitrogen feed for my plants.

The problem I got is that I don't have a proper ph measurer. The measurement that I got doesnt give me good results and a proper range.

Moreover the usage instructions are not clear for me. It says that optimal value is from 5.8 to 6.2. Does this means that no matter the amount I put in the lowest ph will be 5.8? So if I put 1ml to my 1.5 liter water bottle, and put 2ml to 1.5 liter another bottle, would the ph level be the same in both bottle? Or does it mean that the ph will at least be 5.8 at lowest?

Appreciate any explanation. Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• hesi (1).jpg
    hesi (1).jpg
    175.5 KB · Views: 50
  • hesi (2).jpg
    hesi (2).jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 42
Get some test strips in the proper range. I am not familiar with Hesi, but most pH down agents contain phosphoric acid. Looks like you got one with nitric. As you add an acid(pH down) to water, the pH will continue to go down all the way to the pH of 38% nitric(I'd guess 2-3ish). HNO3, and it will not stabilize @ 5.8 unless that stuff has some buffer I am not aware of. BTW, it is 38% HNO3, not 38% N. Welcome.

Back
Top Bottom