hey everyone

jimmyz136

high peps,been here for a bit but never really wrote on here, So here it goes,I'm 46 and been smoking since I was younger, long time now that i think about it. I have grown before and i'm growing now, Hit a little bump in the road, hope someone can help me out! this is the first time that i'm growing in
side, everything seemed to be growing very well, but now my leaves are curling but are not turning yellow or brown,still very green.. I think i'm locked up, did a flush, but not to sure what to do or do i just ride it out? I'm using just water no additives. plant is about 3 feet tall hate to pull it, CAN SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME ! And my girls... thanks jim

HI I'm growing in soil, and my ph was at 7. plant was doing great been in budding stage for about two weeks, plants about 3ft tall. this is happin to three of them the others are just showing signs of the same problem

pot size is 5gal and a couple of 3gal , i can get some photos, how can i send you the pics? never did it on here before.

SDC101741.JPG

Hi jimmyz136, :welcome: to the 420Magazine forums.
Things happen slower in soil, and flushing is always the right thing to do when in doubt.
I'm not a soil grower, leaves curling up?
What is the room humidity?
I really shouldn't say a thing.
I'm glad you joined and help is on the way.
:peace:

Hi Jimmyz!

I checked out your pics and it could be a number of things.

1. Too much fertilizer. What kind of soil are you using? Even if you haven't added any nutes, your soil may have time-release fertilizer.

2. Heat stress from too much heat. What's your temp running?

3. Overwatering.

4. Underwatering.

Do you have any Perlite in your soil? You said you flushed, and in 5-gallon pots without any Perlite to increase drainage, your soil may be too wet.

Since you already flushed, I would hold off on watering until you see if there is any change for the better or worse. Watch them closely and see if they start to perk up with less water or get more curl and droop.

HI I'm using Happy Frog soil, i do have perlite in the soil, but i thinking its to much nutes, i need to know how to fix it? thanks again all of you who are trying to help me..

yupp curling down, how much should i flush, i just re-potted it about 6 days ago and ran about 4gallons of water through it. should i test the water that comes out the bottom for the nutes? i did test it once i ran the water through and it still seem very high, i'm just going about this kinda blind. sorry to be such a bother. All the growing i've done outside and never really had a problem with this the biggest problem i ever had outside was keeping the bears away from it!!!LOL

yupp curling down, how much should i flush, i just re-potted it about 6 days ago and ran about 4gallons of water through it. should i test the water that comes out the bottom for the nutes? i did test it once i ran the water through and it still seem very high, i'm just going about this kinda blind. sorry to be such a bother. All the growing i've done outside and never really had a problem with this the biggest problem i ever had outside was keeping the bears away from it!!!LOL

If you have a PH meter, you would want to test the runoff (water coming out the bottom) for the PH level.

When you do a flush for over-fertilization, it needs to be pretty thorough, so you want to run at least 2-3 times the amount of water as the size of the pot, so for a 5-gallon pot, you would need to run at least 10 gallons through in order to flush out the excess nutes.

It does take a few days in soil to see the results of things, so unless the plants are continuing to get worse instead of improve, I would hold off a bit on more flushing until you're sure it needs to be done.

If things are getting worse, however, flush them again using more water than last time.

Yeah, there's bears indoors too ;)

Back
Top Bottom