First time grow

ScotlandHaze

Hi Guys, first time grow and first post here. I'm desperately needing help to try diagnose my plant as I'm starting to lose patience with her. I have 5 currently on the go. 4 healthy as can be plants (I hope) and one that has been chasing its arse from the first week. Each plant has had the exact same treatment however one of them has been a little curled, yellow and abit glossy looking from the minute it sprouted out the soil. I've tried various methods to bring her back to life, and now week 5 she is no longer curled or glossy, but still yellow and leaf wise well behind the others. I've attached pics of my ill plant from early on and now, I've also attached a picture of my other plant which has had the exact same doses, soil, light etc which they have all had. I'm running a 600 HPS (thinking about throwing in a 600 LED for more light coverage) and they are all soil grows. If anyone could please lend me some advice it would be much appreciated.

Apologies - how do I add photos here?

Welcome ScotlandHaze :high-five:

Try this link for photo instructions:
Photo Tutorial and Tips

I wish I could provide more help on your situation. My only thought is not every plant is the same. For whatever reason, your troubled plant is responding differently. Better than the reverse situation. Maybe try making some adjustments to the nutes for that one. Make some minor changes each feeding to see if she responds. Checking the PH on all of them might be helpful too - maybe that one is off.

Good luck and welcome to 420Mag. Check out the forums and journals on here - some amazing stuff.:passitleft:

Ok. How exciting. I'm in. Mind if I pull up a comfy leather arm chair and watch?

I'll throw you my two cents quickly incase you want to use it asap. Watch drainage your biggest risk with that soil and no real drainage soil additives such as pearlite you're going to be able to "overwater" really easy. Second if you haven't given any extra nitrogen or fertiliser I would suggest that it is deficient. You can use old coffee grinds or a manure tea to deliver this crucial element organically although you might like to use an inorganic chemical fert the branding of which in Scotland I can't help you with. I use House and Garden Soil AB. It is an expensive advanced two part base nutrient. So this yellowing will disappear instead of get worse and you will notice fuller faster growth. Any hardware store or nursery can help you with this. Hydro shops are better.

Spooky .

I might just pass that single shabby girl off as just plain ol bad genetics.

Not all seeds are created equal just one of those things bud :thumb:

Thanks for your reply guys.

Ahh your a legend thank you David. Struggling to navigate this site on my phone.

I thought it could be Nitrogen also Spooky, I have fed them chempak 20/20/20 in small doses to begin with as I took advice from a friend but researching more I realise that I need more nitrogen and less of the others. It's just pickled me how the rest are so healthy. Definitely a learning curve though, if you can recommend one that you would use, I can order it online for next time

Fuzzy duck, I think you could be right buddy. The stems on new growth are mutated a little. Instead of being round they are a u shape and mega thin. The fact it sprouted limp and yellow makes me think it was a dud seed for sure.

Question is do I just scrap her? Space isn't too limited but it would always be handy if I got rid of it, but she is trying to flower. I just don't know if I'd be brave enough to smoke whatever it produces

Yes you can check out my journal I use house and Garden Soil ab expensive but good. Don't scrap that mate waste of time! It will be right dry out soil a bit and it will be right Scotland is hard to grow your issue is dampness and high relative humidity I would personally compensate by making sure your mixes have very good drainage. Invest in either perlite or the clay balls like used in mine the red balls on top of the soil. You need very good drainage and maybe supplemented heat for ideal environment which isn't hard because you're indoors and I'm sure your house is heated whoops rambling now good job mate!

Ye sorry for a late reply bud, just some days i loose track on where i posted !

Mmm funny new stem growth ah that might well be a mutation & well if you don't mind could you post a pic of it for a closer gander :thumb:

Good pic's as best as ya can please.

Well if space is not problem then you could continue growing the weak girl out if you so wish... to see what happens, it may be an interesting learning curve if you choose to do so.

As it is a little worse off than the other it may take a little extra time to get good results ?

Ye i grew some kush strain 5 seeds with 3 germinated every think looked fine in veg but once flipped to flower and early flowering 2 off em showed very poor pistil formation all most shrivelled & under sized, well i cut those down pretty quickly thinking worst case type stuff.

In hind sight i could of been experiencing a mutation/problem very close to yours which i have not found much data about ? pretty rare this one... eventually i'll work it out & may take some time :thumb:

Back
Top Bottom