Hey need some help fellow "hydroheads" 400w hps 1 white widow 8 weeks of flowering

junmr2

Hey first off thanks for the help in advance .. i need to know how can i make my buds swell up ? and also its close to harvest day , should i flush for just on week or 2 weeks? here is pictures of my beautiful lady .. btw im using ------------ and the regular Gh 3 part here are the picture ..

2808.JPG

5385.JPG

6340.JPG

3679.JPG

Re: Hey need some help fellow "hydroheads" 400w hps 1 white widow 8 weeks of flowerin

You have about 250 watts of light... I'd say double that and you will see bigger buds.

Prairie

i got a 400w hps and a 150w hps in there .. thats way more than 250 w

Re: Hey need some help fellow "hydroheads" 400w hps 1 white widow 8 weeks of flowerin

What temps are you runnin? It looks like you have good ventilation so thats the only thing i can think of...And personally, the best dro ive ever smoked was flushed 2 weeks in advance. It had no chemical taste, and burnt like organic, highly recommended.

maybe your not as close to harvest day as the strain advert would have you believe.

fwiw, 150+250 does not equal the same light intensity as one 400.

What temps are you runnin? It looks like you have good ventilation so thats the only thing i can think of...And personally, the best dro ive ever smoked was flushed 2 weeks in advance. It had no chemical taste, and burnt like organic, highly recommended.

yea i do got some good ventilation ..temps has been cold lately since i live in ny , the lowest and highest temps are 55F to 70F but mostly stays in between 60F and 70F though .. I'm considering flushing since i heard when you flush, the plant eats itself up and the buds gets swollen and the leaves die out faster since it feels time is running out .. any truth to this ?

maybe your not as close to harvest day as the strain advert would have you believe.

fwiw, 150+250 does not equal the same light intensity as one 400.

you misunderstood me, i have a 400w hps PLUS a 150w hps ...

and the strain is white widow .. the website says 9 weeks but i heard it could even take up to 10 weeks .. i'm on week number 8

There is definately truth to that. I hear another good way to boost trichome production is during the last 48 hours before harvest, keep the lights off. It makes females think its winter and they push all their beautiful resinous THC out to all the buds. I havent tried it but the best grower i know gave me this tip, so i plan to try it out. He always has the best shit ive seen so its proved itself already in my book.

my stoney misunderstanding.

I believe a lot of seed companies start counting weeks after actual flowers show, not from when they are flipped to 12/12.

Some good advice above. 48-72 hours of darkness really help trichome development at the end. Flushing is up to you, some do, some don't. I personally would for the last 2 weeks. Your temps are a little low for sure, 55* at night is chilly for the girl.

If you go to You Tube and type in White Widow, there is a great vid by Green House Seed company growing out there White Widow. The let it go for 65 days before cutting.

Good luck!

My all time favorite add a tbl. spoon of molasses per gal. of water every other time .
br

My all time favorite add a tbl. spoon of molasses per gal. of water every other time .
br

where can i get this molasses ?

most any food store.
br

you misunderstood me, i have a 400w hps PLUS a 150w hps ...

and the strain is white widow .. the website says 9 weeks but i heard it could even take up to 10 weeks .. i'm on week number 8

Sometimes white widow will not give you all the hair color indications for harvest that other strains will. The only way to correctly harvest is by trich color. Read the below....
How To Know When To Harvest

br

Molasses is good, but...in my opinion and from what I have read. You should go with something like Bud Candy from Advanced. GH makes something similar as well.
The reasoning is, molasses tends to get wasted in hydro. With soil it soaks in and is available for the plant to absorb.

Sometimes white widow will not give you all the hair color indications for harvest that other strains will. The only way to correctly harvest is by trich color. Read the below....
How To Know When To Harvest

Great read Racefan! Thanks for all your help around here :thanks:

"GH makes something similar as well" yes this is what I use it is called flornector, but it is 15% molasses.15 cain suger and 5 malt syrup.
so not knowing where he was or what he can get ,I tried to make it easy .
br

Mix i tbl. spoon in a 3 gl bl. with a hose add water,if you mix it well with water and then add it works fine.IF you dump it in to the res. you will make tar balls that will clog your pumps,this is true of bud candy,sweet,flornectoe etc.
br

Back
Top Bottom