Hey need some help

johnnybuds

i got 2 plants goin seeds unknown in some soil

nothing special or high teck but got a good light and shit

ive had them for awhile and just wonderin when they will start to bud or what should i do cuz i dont want them to get any bigger:bong:

i try to keep it around 12/12

if its off alittle bit does it matter?

and if i give it more then 12 or less what will that do:bongrip:

its my first grow got some seeds from a friend and its hidden

i dk im just a pothead tryin to get some free weed

You need to go to walmart and pick up a $5 timer and have a set schedual for your plants. MJ has a pretty tight lighting schedual that you have to stick to.

For 12/12 I usually have it go aff at 7pm and back on at 7am. Another thing, since you don't have a door blocking the light to your plants you need to either get one or string up some black tarp to keep it completely dark during it's dark period or it will never flower.

If it is in a dark place it doesnt matter, I do mine 7 7, just because. how long have you been on 12 12?

Growing the plant, or the vegetative cycle, is usually done with a 18/6 or 20/4 light/dark schedule to allow the plant to reach the height that you wish to grow it to. If you think about 18" is how tall you want to keep the plant and you don't want it any bigger you can switch to the flowering cycle.

The flowering cycle is done with a 12/12 light/dark period to allow the plant to begin to bud. This is when the plants will begin to show there sex at the notches where the branches of the large fan leaves meet the main stem. Males are identified by small balls that form around this area while female plants have a white hair known as a pistel. However, this may take up to a couple weeks depending on the strain you are growing and the lights you are using.

Also, you do need it completely dark while the plants are in there dark cycle. The plants do things during this time that they cannot do while the light is on. I strongly suggest using a timer if you do not already have one rather than trying to do this manually.

Like RooR said.. plants have to have darkness to preform certain functions.. they are used to being grown outdoors.. obviously.. and the sun isnt up 24 hours a day.. if it was, it would be a mighty strange looking world.....regardless.... 12/12 and timers are super cheap

i still never got a timer im gonna get one today or tomorrow but im gonna post some pics up in a sec

if i have a small halogen on my clones in the same closet as some which are flowering and once or twice the main light went off but the halogen was getting light on the big boys for an hour or two before i realized and turned it off is there gonna be a problem?

Back
Top Bottom