Hey - Rookie here - pH questions

Canuckbuds

So I'll start with my history. Last year a friend gave me a young plant and I just stuck it in my back yard. Fertilized with MG and pretty much let it be. I maybe got an oz off it, but the buds were leafy and the effects didn't last long. So this year I decided I would take it more seriously, purchased a feminized variety pack from CKS and set out. I'm an electrician and managed to scavenge a couple 400w MH led replacement lamps(163w draw) from a job and thought they would be sufficient for growing. After slow progress I figured they weren't enough light do I moved my plants outside for free photons. They seem to be doing much better now, growing pretty fast. I just started adding nutrients. I have neptunes harvest fish and seaweed, which I think is 2-3-1, and just purchased a musky organic liquid which is 5-1-1 I believe, since Im under the impression I need higher nitrogen for veg.

So down to my question, I've purchased a few ph test probes as well as a test solution kit. My well water seems to come out at 6.5, but whenever I use the test probes on soil it shows between 7.5 and 8. They were relatively inexpensive so I'm not sure of the accuracy. Plants look healthy and are growing quickly, so I'm wondering if I just have cheap meters. How severe are the effects of improperly balanced ph?Input would be much appreciated for all aspects of the grow as I'm new to gardening period. Thanks in advance
420-magazine-mobile407485078.jpg
420-magazine-mobile397357202.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1077823550.jpg

Ph is one of the most important aspects of growing. The PH of your soil is what your plants are feeding from so that's the PH you need to be most focused on. Put a saucer under that pot to catch the runoff water. That's the water you want to test, directly after watering. Make sure your pot has holes at the bottom. If it's too high just lower the ph of your next feeding. IE if your soil is st 7.0 feed with 6.0 should get you close to 6.5

True test ☝ the run off then run the necessary nutrient solution through the pot until you get the right reading...which in soil should be 6.5 to 7.2
GFP

Also, ensure to mix your nutrients & water 24 hours in advance; then test the Ph, adjust accordingly and finally mix thoroughly before feeding. After you have run off into the saucers - test as recommended by Why Doe - adjust accordingly for next feeding. Hope this helps!

Back
Top Bottom