Hey you Experts...I need a little help!?

illtimmer

A have a beautiful female plant going good...it's closing in on three ft now. Anyways, besides the first month or so, when it was growing outside, here in the south-I've been growing under three fluoresent bulbs...two standard grow lights and one aquarium fluoresent. I started the 12 on/off about 5wks ago (indoors) and it just now seems to be starting to flower a bit. I am pretty new to this and guessed on a lot, but when I researched it, I've done a lot right. I did cut about 5-6 fan leaves off thinking since it wasn't flowering at all that the light would penetrate the inner plant more. I went and bought a HPS 150watt for not because I thought I could stick the smaller bulb (which did fit) in a normal clamp light-I was wrong. Now I just started putting a 150watt daytime reptile basking bulb w/ the other lights to try and help. Until I can afford a total package fixture, this will have to do. It seems to helping a bit or maybe it's my own wishful thinking. I am keeping it about 12" from the top of my beauty. Last, I gave it a little Miracle gro liquid plant food with last nights watering. Basically, I need any insight. I've done pretty good so far...but I need any good help...thx in advance...sorry so long. :yummy:

im no pro but if you are using flour. light it should be no more than two inches away from your plant.

thx, but since i already wrote so much i didnt decribe that part...the fluor's are about 2 to 4 inches...Im a damn perfectionist...and I didnt wanna over do it...but i wish i had a HPS setup...its looking so good w just what i have:thanks:

Hey,

As best I can tell from all you have said in the description. You have put her into shock and that is why she took so long to show the goods. By cutting those fan leaves off at the start of flowering she is not getting the growing sugars that they produce. You can cut fan leaves off at the flowering stage but a wise bible once instructed me to cut half the fan leaf (not leaves) off at a time from one side of the plant. Let it recover and then if all is well cut the rest off to provide more light. By no means should you be cutting all of the fan leaves off and certainly not at once.

Hope I have been help
ciao

Back
Top Bottom